March Madness NCAA tournamnet Brackets- Who ya got for champ??

Northcountryman

1 hour ago, SilentStalker said:

Have Gonzaga, UCLA, Tenn, and Auburn in final four. 

Gonzaga over Auburn. I dont think much if any of these selections will play out well, but i didnt follow much this year because Syracuse was god awful...

Youre still in good shape; Gonzaga looked a little shaky at first, though, right?

19 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Youre still in good shape; Gonzaga looked a little shaky at first, though, right?

Yeah, I like them because they can win without the 3 ball. Very hard for teams that shoot a lot of 3's to string together 6 straight games of shooting lights out. That is why I believe the Duke's of the world who don't win  as often with all the talent they have. Too heavy on the 3.

4 hours ago, SilentStalker said:

Yeah, I like them because they can win without the 3 ball. Very hard for teams that shoot a lot of 3's to string together 6 straight games of shooting lights out. That is why I believe the Duke's of the world who don't win  as often with all the talent they have. Too heavy on the 3.

Yeah, I agree , but the dukies arent as heavily reliant on the 3 as they used to be IMHO; unforutnately, they dotn defend as well, either lol.

Why did they change the color of the ball?!?! I can’t get over this hurdle.

Colgate was a fun game last night.

All these games seem super physical followed by tickytack fouls calls followed by clear misses of big calls.

But seriously, why did they change the color of the BALL?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

Why did they change the color of the ball?!?! I can’t get over this hurdle.

Colgate was a fun game last night.

All these games seem super physical followed by tickytack fouls calls followed by clear misses of big calls.

But seriously, why did they change the color of the BALL?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What color was the ball? I didnt notice....

On 3/18/2022 at 8:28 AM, The_Real_TCIII said:

Evidently, I stand corrected as I thought that every year someone fills out a perfect bracket. You know, if you think about , the supposed basketball "Experts" dont do any better on average than the rest of us, do they? I stopped listening to Bilas and the rest yrs ago cuz they always pick the favorites all the way through- and frnakly, that lamost NEVER happens. There was only one time I can think of when all 4 #1 seeds reached the Final four , so its very unlikely, to say the least.   For today, I hate UNC ( being a Dukie and all) , but they looked awful powerful last game, right? I think they have a good shot of knocking off Baylor today , which will be the first #1 seed to fall.

No doubt, I did!!  I had them goin down in their first game against the Jackrabbits!! You gotta admit , though: if the contest, instead was who had the best mascot /nickname  in the tournament, the Jacks would win it hands down!!  you gotta love the angry Bunny lol

OIP.UPIYm4VKnm-8f5swPctwUwHaF9?w=236&h=190&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

I sat among them. They get angry when you ask for their saturday tickets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 4:29 PM, Northcountryman said:

ALOT of parity in college basketball these days , right? It is SO hard to fill out these damn brackets cuz LITERALLY, anything can happen these days!! 

Having said that , this si my ESPN bracket for this year- what say you??

image.thumb.png.c0d20b75e497799749bc152c9a5bf7b0.png

Good that players are spreading out to colleges/universities other than the traditional powerhouse programs, but the game has changed dramatically with the 3 point line. All about living or dying with the 3 point shot. Bunches of upsets. St Peters, on paper, has no business being in final 16. Heck, Canisus College beat St Peters in season, plus it took OT for Peters to beat Niagara this year, and those two teams are deep in the swamp bottom feeders. Total perimeter game now. Sad that the traditional big men are erased from the game.

31 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Good that players are spreading out to colleges/universities other than the traditional powerhouse programs, but the game has changed dramatically with the 3 point line. All about living or dying with the 3 point shot. Bunches of upsets. St Peters, on paper, has no business being in final 16. Heck, Canisus College beat St Peters in season, plus it took OT for Peters to beat Niagara this year, and those two teams are deep in the swamp bottom feeders. Total perimeter game now. Sad that the traditional big men are erased from the game.

Completely agree, the NBA is unwatchable because of it

4 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Completely agree, the NBA is unwatchable because of it

NBA sucks- too easy to score and absolutely NO defense played .  I like the 3 pointer though as, without it, the only teams that would ever win the big one would have big tall athletic inside players just driving into the paint the whoile time.  Remember Princeton back in the day beating UCLA? They played keep away , used back door cuts and shot the 3 well-and it worked!!!