Daylight Savings Gone

crappyice

Daylight savings time should’ve ended decades ago! I’m sure this will stumble in the house due to some odd ball reason. For us construction workers this probably works against us because most of us depend on sunlight early . Same with farmers!

• Like 2

People have been pushing for this for a long time.  Had a feeling it would get changed at some point.  I never understood the issue with having to change the clock or it getting dark earlier in the winter. 
I read the other day after seeing a couple Senators in NY were proposing this for the state that during the summer sunset will actually be about a half hour earlier if the change is made permanent. Guess we will see what happens. 

Edited by boo711

23 minutes ago, Chef said:

This will be amazing. We will get so much more sleep during hunting season and we will have a much easier time sneaking out for those after work hunts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve never had any issues getting a good night sleep during hunting season. Always figure when I want to get up, how much sleep I want and go to bed at that time. If I don’t get enough sleep it is because I didn’t stick to that plan and got wrapped up drinking beer at a neighbors or at the bar in the basement. So that is on me. Lol

Love the media spin on this... All the headlines I've seen about this are proclaiming that it's a done deal.

This bill was approved by Congress, still need to go to a House Committee, then the full House, and finally President for signature.  

Classic example of how the media can steer the narrative.

And for the record, this really won't affect the amount of time I spend hunting, fishing or any other outdoor activities.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, boo711 said:

People have been pushing for this for a long time.  Had a feeling it would get changed at some point.  I never understood the issue with having to change the clock or it getting dark earlier in the winter. 
I read the other day after seeing a couple Senators in NY were proposing this for the state that during the summer sunset will actually be about a half hour earlier if the change is made permanent. Guess we will see what happens. 

My understanding was that it had to do with farmers and daylight and way before people had electric lights.

5 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Everything adjusts the time automatically now . I don't understand the purpose for it in our modern time but I also don't have an issue if the time changes twice a year. 

speak for yourself peasant, some of us have expensive ass watches! 

38 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Can we limit how cold the COLD can actually be while we are at it?

I wish we could play with the temperatures. I’d have nothing over 45 degrees after 10/1. Nothing higher than 35 would be my ultimate wish after 10/1. To bad we can’t do that. Lol

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Chef said:

This will be amazing. We will get so much more sleep during hunting season and we will have a much easier time sneaking out for those after work hunts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this will increase my available hunting time.  As those after work hunts are gone once the time changes.  I will bring my gear to work a couple of times a week and bow hunt some evenings,  Esp when i have the next day off already.