How much will the price of fuel affect your hunting now?

Grouse

I do not have to travel too far for much of my hunting these days, back a few years ago when I was doing a lot of Deer, Coon and Rabbit hunting high gas prices would have had a big effect on me as I traveled some far distances frequently.

Al

Edited by airedale

16 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I won't let this keep me from doing what i love. I'll change other things if i have too...

yeah i'm fortunate enough to have the means to weather this storm, but if things change I'd cut back in other areas and not in and how I hunt. 

Heck I bought a UTV and plan to do food plots which just makes the fuel prices hurt more haha

I used to be able to walk out my back door and hunt. Not anymore. But the farm, and lake property is only about 20 min. away. Will still make the trip as always, and as often. But fuel prices for field work, will probably put a little hitch in our giddy up. Along with fertilizer and seed prices.

70 % of my miles are work related so it's subsidized by my customers. And I'm at a place where an extra $20-$50 a week for personal use isn't really a factor. 

It is a huge hit for lower and or fixed income families and individuals.

I can remember the feeling of having to scrounge money or go without something in order to make a drive to a lake. It sucked.

• Like 1

My primary hunting location is roughly 90 miles roundtrip. That's roughly 6 gallons in my truck. At a conservative $4.00/gal, that's $24 per trip. If I'm going out 2 or 3 times per week for a few months, that adds up real quick. To be fair, even at $18/gal I'd still be paying $15 per trip. If prices spike to $5/gal, it's roughly $12 more per trip.  If anything, I might consolidate. I may take 2 full day trips in a week rather than 3 half days.

Very little, because the Democrats will do just about anything to reduce gas prices, in attempt to limit their losses in the mid-term elections.  They may even get the Keystone pipeline opened up again.   Gas will most likely be below $3 per gallon by November 1.  

• Haha 1

It won't affect my hunting adventures much. I'm lucky to live in deer country, can hunt out the back door or drive 5 minutes to a few favorite places.  And it's 30 minutes to great wild trout streams and bass lakes. My yearly Adirondack canoe camp and bass fishing trip will cost more, but no biggie. 

Living two hours and 144 miles from camp will be costly but surely won't stop me .  My truck will be parked in garage except for towing the camper it won't see camp this year  . I bought a utility trailer for my Honda pilot to tow atv to camp. We all survived the ammo shortage during this past hunting season I'm sure we'll all survive the gas hike too . I asked myself what would it take to miss a hunting season,  I still don't know the answer 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Living two hours and 144 miles from camp will be costly but surely won't stop me .  My truck will be parked in garage except for towing the camper it won't see camp this year  . I bought a utility trailer for my Honda pilot to tow atv to camp. We all survived the ammo shortage during this past hunting season I'm sure we'll all survive the gas hike too . I asked myself what would it take to miss a hunting season,  I still don't know the answer 

Many years back a friend sold his truck and bought a Honda Civic , put a hitch on and bought a small trailer . Honestly he was a gun hunter and driving a truck year round for a couple weeks of hunting didn’t make sense to him any longer .