Knives

Skillet

I love collecting knives. I mostly collect Made in USA folders like Case, Queen, Western, etc, but have a few fixed blades. Nothing too high dollar, but stuff that will hold its value. That’s a nice little collection you’ve got there. 

• Like 2

I've enjoyed knives since I was a little boy.  I have some from Geno Denning, Gene Ingram, Phil Wilson, Chris Reeve and a handful of others.  A couple Puma too but I'll show a picture of them later, one is a sad tale.......uggh.

• Like 3

Im scared to own a collector knife, always feel if i have something i should use it. 

Thats where the trouble would start, i think i have lost damn near every knife i have owned.

Doing pretty good with last couple i have made, managed not to lose one so far :)

• Like 3

I don't actually collect them per say, but I have about 60. Everything from $5 Ozark Trail knives I leave in tackle boxes, to a few Beckers, 3 Cold Steel knives, a bunch of Mora's, about 10 I built from blanks, a Tops BOB and Tracker #2 as well as a Boker Mini Tracker, a few RAT 1's, a couple Bucks, 5 Joker knives, a couple Victorinox SAK's, a Bark River with a custom sheath, and some others.

12 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

I don't actually collect them per say, but I have about 60. Everything from $5 Ozark Trail knives I leave in tackle boxes, to a few Beckers, 3 Cold Steel knives, a bunch of Mora's, about 10 I built from blanks, a Tops BOB and Tracker #2 as well as a Boker Mini Tracker, a few RAT 1's, a couple Bucks, 5 Joker knives, a couple Victorinox SAK's, a Bark River with a custom sheath, and some others.

Any pics of the ones you built? That's awesome.

19 minutes ago, Skillet said:

Any pics of the ones you built? That's awesome.

There's another I built, but it's in a case, and it doesn't come out. I've also built and sold about 30 including some Kepharts and Enzo Trappers. The bottom knife on the left is the knife I built for my wife, she wanted pink liners and I talked into red. The very bottom is a Becker BK16 I stripped the coating from and I put custom scales, liners and pins on.

mycjkknives.thumb.jpg.7fdc8219a206733e232e118b576b63df.jpg

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

There's another I built, but it's in a case, and it doesn't come out. I've also built and sold about 30 including some Kepharts and Enzo Trappers. The bottom knife on the left is the knife I built for my wife, she wanted pink liners and I talked into red. The very bottom is a Becker BK16 I stripped the coating from and I put custom scales, liners and pins on.

mycjkknives.thumb.jpg.7fdc8219a206733e232e118b576b63df.jpg

Very cool stuff.

• Thanks 1

I never seen a 124 looks solid. drop points are my favorite kind of blade.
Here’s my buck knives there’s a 110 somewhere around I just can’t find(never a fan of them)
I use the top two to butcher my deer.
5acf967175505b9fc290de0dae90078d.jpg
Here’s a few I carry from time to time,right now it’s a rat 2.
a5619a49fc755096635a80120808dad0.jpg
The old western up top was from when I was a kid to young to buy it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Not really a collection, more of an accumulation. I pick up vintage knives when I can, nothing particularly fancy or expensive. Mainly from big names and historical outdoors companies, but also from local (NY manufacturers when I find them. Mainly Herters, some Marbles, Camillus, official Boy Scout knives and similar. 

10 hours ago, rachunter said:

Here’s my buck knives there’s a 110 somewhere around I just can’t find(never a fan of them)

What's the knife in the second pic at the very bottom? It sort of reminds me of an LTW, especially with that scandi grind.

What's the knife in the second pic at the very bottom? It sort of reminds me of an LTW, especially with that scandi grind.

It’s a pathfinder dirty by design kephart xl. It’s a nice knife but I should’ve got the regular instead of the xl.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rachunter said:

I am not too fond of the 110’s either.  They are tough to clean and don’t hold an edge so well.  I have gutted 5 deer with mine (3 early ML does and 2 Adirondack bucks). It was a gift from my father in law.  I feel obligated to use it, when I am hunting at his place.  

He got it for me at an antique store.  He always checks to see that I am using it.  As soon as I get home, I ditch it for my preferred Shrade sharpfinger.  He is all smiles here, because I used “his” knife and he got to use his new tractor to haul her back from the woods:

DB9FA434-CE6E-460E-8AD6-7E090FBF95F3.thumb.jpeg.011ae0b8e8f60d35d361d1f8e8aa253e.jpeg317F70D6-4188-481C-94C8-FEB4D89FF3BE.thumb.jpeg.abf4e55af10e9e266f1a619a35b38983.jpeg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, johnplav said:

YUP… l’ve got a bunch.  Puma skinner and Bowie were 2 of my first good knives.  My friend @Nomad is gonna leave my his white hunter in his will so I can display all 3 of them someday. 

You can have it, I’ll write your name on the back of the sheath, and put a post it note on my will .

• Like 1

I am not too fond of the 110’s either.  They are tough to clean and don’t hold an edge so well.  I have gutted 5 deer with mine (3 early ML does and 2 Adirondack bucks). It was a gift from my father in law.  I feel obligated to use it, when I am hunting at his place.  

He got it for me at an antique store.  He always checks to see that I am using it.  As soon as I get home, I ditch it for my preferred Shrade sharpfinger.  He is all smiles here, because I used “his” knife and he got to use his new tractor to haul her back from the woods:
DB9FA434-CE6E-460E-8AD6-7E090FBF95F3.thumb.jpeg.011ae0b8e8f60d35d361d1f8e8aa253e.jpeg317F70D6-4188-481C-94C8-FEB4D89FF3BE.thumb.jpeg.abf4e55af10e9e266f1a619a35b38983.jpeg

I have one of those it was my small game knife for many years.
1a7daa31192766416d96e1c8b20f29e1.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rachunter said:

That bottom knife is a beauty. What is it?