Hardest items to move -found them

moog5050

Moving these atlas stones (ranging from 185-340lbs each) out of my basement up stairs just topped my list.   185lber wasn’t bad but the 340lber SUCKED!   As my brother said, I may not be as good as I once was but am as good as ever once!   Where was @blackbeltbillwhen I needed him!  I need some Aleve.   Glad that’s over.  Lol

057BAF1D-F224-4411-88B3-88B7CA4E0A03.jpeg

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 7
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

Relateable.. it took me and 2 helpers to move a safe that weighs about as much as your bigger ball. What exactly do you do with a 340 lb atlas ball? Also, PM me your number for next time I move..

That one ended up so big I could pick it up and put it in my lap but never could shoulder it.  Too big around.  The other 3 range from 185-285 and I would shoulder those for training.   I bought a mold for those and added weight to get them where I wanted total weight wise.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I’ve helped with gun safes, pianos, dental and barber chairs.   

Those rocks would probably be right in that group.   Lol

I still have a safe but that one doesn’t concern me.  I was questioning whether I would get that one atlas stone out.  Lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

That one ended up so big I could pick it up and put it in my lap but never could shoulder it.  Too big around.  The other 3 range from 185-285 and I would shoulder those for training.   I bought a mold for those and added weight to get them where I wanted total weight wise.  

I think you win for biggest balls on the forum..   :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Gun safe was the heaviest I ever moved . 3 of us to put it in the basement . Couldn't get it down the 4 steps even with the door off. Eventually  set it in the basement  door way using a tractor with loader.  Tipped it through  the door way and onto furniture dollys. Crushed a wooden one had to buy a replacement. That puppy  is staying with the house or I will pay to have it moved .

• Like 1

I had a hand in moving a couple barber chairs. Lawdwaz is right. They suck to move. They are big, heavy, and awkward as hell.

As for those atlas balls, Moog can be glad he is capable of moving them. I don't think I could even roll that big one across a cement floor. Dang Moog!!! That is some awesome core and body strength.