Was hoping he made it..

Steuben Jerry

8 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

But the dead buck leads to many questions.........

Neighbor around the corner hit “a nice buck” with his truck on our road that he said kept running and was toward the direction I found this guy. That was around early January. He was laying 1000+ yards from the road though.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Neighbor around the corner hit “a nice buck” with his truck on our road that he said kept running and was toward the direction I found this guy. That was around early January. He was laying 1000+ yards from the road though.

Like the late great Paul Harvey would say, "now you know the REST of the story".  :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It's a shame when one of the good ones gets taken out by a vehicle. We own property across the street from a 700 acre park, and I remember one year when 3 out of 4 of our best animals on camera ended up on somebody's grille (instead of my grill lol).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Hopefully not from disease. He would've been a great one to chase this season. I always wonder where some of the bucks go , they just disappear and you never know why...

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Nocturnal and new bedding where they won't be bothered.

21 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Hopefully not from disease. He would've been a great one to chase this season. I always wonder where some of the bucks go , they just disappear and you never know why...

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Most of them, that don’t get hit by vehicles or killed by coyotes , probably end up getting killed by other hunters.  They travel pretty far, after the local does get knocked up or killed.  

I love those “surprises”, when they show up unexpectedly.   I am very thankful that the peak-rut travel period lines up with crossbow and gun seasons in NY.  

• Like 1