Ouch

cynthiafu

Yes clean it out well. Use hydrogen peroxide to clean it and then apply triple antibiotic salve. A dog's mouth contains a lot of bacteria which could lead to infection if not treated properly. I got accidentally bit by one of my dogs once when I was removing a small bone that was stuck in the roof of his mouth. Keep it clean and it will heal just fine.    valoroutdoors.com

1 hour ago, CharlieNY said:

Yes clean it out well. Use hydrogen peroxide to clean it and then apply triple antibiotic salve. A dog's mouth contains a lot of bacteria which could lead to infection if not treated properly. I got accidentally bit by one of my dogs once when I was removing a small bone that was stuck in the roof of his mouth. Keep it clean and it will heal just fine.    valoroutdoors.com

Hydrogen peroxide isn't recommended for cuts any longer and can do more harm than good.

1 hour ago, cynthiafu said:

They won't stitch it . They just cleaned it out and wrapped it

Good. Just keep watching it for any infection. 

Good luck.

Was helping a friend who Clips dog nails . And first day on the job lol . The first dog we muzzled  because they said he would nip . The second  dog was a sweetheart  came over sat in my lap  just wanted Pets.  So she started to clip he got scared and grabbed  my hand.   Went to  urgent care they said they don't stitch dog bites . They cleaned it put cream on it bandaged it up and gave me a bunch of antibiotics  . Not to much pain .  

• Like 2

Was helping a friend who Clips dog nails . And first day on the job lol . The first dog we muzzled  because they said he would nip . The second  dog was a sweetheart  came over sat in my lap  just wanted Pets.  So she started to clip he got scared and grabbed  my hand.   Went to  urgent care they said they don't stitch dog bites . They cleaned it put cream on it bandaged it up and gave me a bunch of antibiotics  . Not to much pain .  

Damn…no good deed goes unpunished. I hope the pain stays down. If not there is always Jack and Coke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I got bit in the hand , one puncture , I cleaned it out good , thought it was fine , about a week later my hand swelled up and a red line as heading up my arm !

Off to my Dr..put me on antibiotics and drew a line with a perm marker and said if the red goes any further or I don’t notice improvement by Friday ( 3 days) I need to go to the ER and be in Iv antibiotics !