Live From The Woods 2022 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

My back will be against the same tree for the past 30 yrs. My late nephew Mark took his last bird in '97 leaning against this tree with me by his side.  His brother Adam, took his first bird leaning against that same tree with his brothers 870. Unfortunately we lost Adam to a house fire in 2011.  Adams sons, Kayden and Dominic, both took there first turkeys with that same 870, with me by their side, backs against the same tree.

I don't care if I hear a gobble. I'm there to relive the experience with my late nephews. I'll be talking to them the whole time. If from heaven, they lure a gobbler to that tree, I'll be glad to harvest it in there memory.  

RIP, Mark and Adam..  everyone misses you and loves you.... 

Edited by mowin
  • Like 12

1 minute ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Long day at work.  Air frying some wings and a little great bourbon to help get some quick shut eye before the 3:30 am alarm goes off. 

5B15A9EE-11E2-45E9-91A5-7E0E5A9CCF2C.jpeg

Are the roses for me??  

• Like 1

Just now, UpStateRedNeck said:

Just covered 2 miles of prime roosting territory, owl hooting every couple hundred yards, no gobbles

I can't tell you how many times I've never heard a gobble when roosting, only to hear them going nuts in the morning.  Don't give up hope..

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Long day at work.  Air frying some wings and a little great bourbon to help get some quick shut eye before the 3:30 am alarm goes off. 

5B15A9EE-11E2-45E9-91A5-7E0E5A9CCF2C.jpeg

3:30 ! Yikes Jay  7 AM is about the earliest I’m getting up ! I may go Tuesday 9 ish and from a treestand , no ticks up there . Lol 

• Like 2

I’ll be out in the am. Sitting against the same tree I’ve sat at for many of mornings. I hate opening days and weekends because many of my spots are private with a lot of pressure so I don’t bother with them until weekdays. But I’m looking forward to playing the game in the morning, hopefully there’s a willing participant in the crowd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1