Live From The Woods 2022 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

An absolutely beautiful morning. Only a few distance gobbles. Was tempted to move towards them, but it’s hunt #2 and not quite desperate yet.

Happy to be enjoying the view and taking a few hours off work this morning.

9a62701a33dd33e3bc5f9bc705cb407e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

11 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I tried to catch some of that mid morning magic Ive heard so much about. Hunted 9:30 to 11:00, didnt hear or see a bird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Birds aren't real - all government drones.  I have been convinced.

• Like 6

Just got in.....got am email early that my work was shutdown due to high covid cases so I got the boys on the bus and made my way out.
I must say this Ameristep blind I left out all winter handled the elements quite well. I was out here in Feb. And it was crushed from ice being built up on it. Neighbor must have popped it up a few weeks ago and the think looks like brand new. bcbcb936196c07ee0567650ba798daa5.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Well 6 deer total out in the fields they're never in during the fall lol but that was it. Hearing many parts of the state haven't had active birds and I know it's been a little colder and wetter than normal so hoping this next dry and warm week will be productive.

Going to put in the clover this weekend too, so could use a little rain haha.

Just got in.....got am email early that my work was shutdown due to high covid cases so I got the boys on the bus and made my way out.
I must say this Ameristep blind I left out all winter handled the elements quite well. I was out here in Feb. And it was crushed from ice being built up on it. Neighbor must have popped it up a few weeks ago and the think looks like brand new. bcbcb936196c07ee0567650ba798daa5.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

That’s a great red fox sitting pretty….until you zoom in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Walked about 4 miles and only heard two very distant gobbles. Only excitement I had was spotting this yearling buck. He let me get about 10 yds away before he would move. I’m guessing someone nearby feeds him and he somewhat used to people.

3258B226-F489-412A-9364-AD3D5EEF8A13.jpeg

9980979D-C005-411A-B40C-F69563C0E0BF.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

What size spurs?

Not sure.  I took a 5 bearded tom 30 yrs ago that only had 3/4" hooks.  I had him mounted, but unfortunately he didn't know what he was doing. The thing started dropping feathers and had bugs in it within a couple weeks.