Live From The Woods 2022 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

Thinking about breaking out the blind and setting up in our lower field.  Wind is supposed to switch to north and it'll be sheltered there.  Can't see them wanting to be in the hardwood on a windy day like this.  Or maybe sneak out to my buddies south facing property.

3 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Thinking about breaking out the blind and setting up in our lower field.  Wind is supposed to switch to north and it'll be sheltered there.  Can't see them wanting to be in the hardwood on a windy day like this.  Or maybe sneak out to my buddies south facing property.

Breezy here too. 9H

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Live bait. My hens meandered back in behind me. No Tom in tow. 

This one wandered off about a hundred yards, so I made a few  clucks with my push button call , and she came right back in.  Now she has gone into the woods behind me and  I can still hear her yelping.  No sign or sound of any toms over here this morning.

I’ll give it till about 8:30, then I got to cut up another truckload of cherry.

72B52DD1-3337-43CB-B250-5633F12DBFFE.thumb.jpeg.52ecf38641fcf8c60278f48586ab7dc1.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mowin said:

I'm up... But not hunting turkeys. Buddy is taking me striper fishing. I've only caught one little dink 30 yrs ago, so I'm excited. 

Good luck to those out chasing turkeys. 

I was going to head to Henry Hudson launch myself but forgot soft ball was at 9. That trumps turkey's and fish. 

12 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Wolc-- you need a Louder call then that ol push button. 

I also have a flex tone thunder cutn mouth call, which was what first got her attention.  I thought she was another hunter at first, over in the next hedge-row.  

The push button Lohman brought her back in the second time.  Time for me to go cut some wood now.  I will try an hour or so in the morning at home tomorrow.  I think my cousin’s kid is hunting back there today. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Somebody is absolutely hammering in the woods behind me.  1 of the Jakes is still here.

You've had a great morning so far my friend! Only thing missing is a long beard!