Live From The Woods 2022 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

On 5/15/2022 at 8:01 PM, blackbeltbill said:

Disagree. Alot like myself like to show what we have taken with a full picture of the Hunter next to the Gobbler.

As time goes on- the picture of the Gobbler becomes less important and the person or person in the pic becomes the focal point.

I understand  that many are very Bashful at revealing their Face.

In that case- I dont think the Game- Deer,Gobbler,etc should be showed at all. 

Just cheapens the picture to see " a Hand"-- " cut off Face",etc next to the Game.

I disagree. A mug as handsome as yours would take way from the glory of the animal. What's most important is to show what you'll do with the harvest. A picture of the field dressed animal or of the meal you're making is what matters most as it demonstrates the ultimate goal of the hunt. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

I disagree. A mug as handsome as yours would take way from the glory of the animal. What's most important is to show what you'll do with the harvest. A picture of the field dressed animal or of the meal you're making is what matters most as it demonstrates the ultimate goal of the hunt. 

Nice deflection 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

A picture of the field dressed animal or of the meal you're making is what matters most as it demonstrates the ultimate goal of the hunt. 

The ultimate goal of your turkey hunt was to eat it? Cut it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BizCT said:

The ultimate goal of your turkey hunt was to eat it? Cut it out.

I would not wake up at 4am and walk into the woods in camo and a turkey vest without a shotgun (although I have a funny story about that which I'll share if we ever grab a beer). There are so many aspects that I enjoy about it, but yes, the meal at the end is what brings it all together to make it hunting. 

• Like 2

I am such a baby sometimes with the drama, I'm too sensitive to you guys picking all the time. Apon reflection you guys are a bunch of funny genuine bastards. We can agree to disagree and that's ok too. 

P.s. I wouldn't want to shame you all with such a handsome guy holding all of these killer trophies, it would really bring down the mood, and as it is you turkey hunters are dropping like flies in end of week 2 beginning of week 3.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 5/15/2022 at 8:01 PM, blackbeltbill said:

I understand  that many are very Bashful at revealing their Face.

In that case- I dont think the Game- Deer,Gobbler,etc should be showed at all. 

Just cheapens the picture to see " a Hand"-- " cut off Face",etc next to the Game.

I don't think it has anything to do with one being bashful.  Some do like their privacy, especially on social media.  

If someone wants to only show the game they harvested, then all the glory is on the game, not shared with the one who harvested the game. Nothing wrong with that. 

If you don't like those type of  pics, don't post them. But don't knock those that do. 

Looking forward to seeing a pick of your big tom with your face chopped off...:drinks:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kmartinson said:

and as it is you turkey hunters are dropping like flies in end of week 2 beginning of week 3.

Hell, I dropped out 5:35 opening morning. Haven't been out since.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mowin said:

I don't think it has anything to do with one being bashful.  Some do like their privacy, especially on social media.  

If someone wants to only show the game they harvested, then all the glory is on the game, not shared with the one who harvested the game. Nothing wrong with that. 

If you don't like those type of  pics, don't post them. But don't knock those that do. 

Looking forward to seeing a pick of your big tom with your face chopped off...:drinks:

I want everyone to do there own thing. I don't show either anymore... but idc what anyone else does. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

I may not get a Tom- enjoying myself though. I already killed 123- so just happy to be out.

I am on a few other Hunting sites. The Obvious  pattern being that members who want privacy  as you say are also the ones who instigate and want to argue.

You don't see this behavior  on Facebook Turkey Hunting where everyone's face and name is up front and center....

I am out now and relaxing for tomorrows Turkey hunt. My " Disagree" emblem all set . Quick and easy. 

That's because Facebook is a giant show off site. Fakebook sucks.  Everyone on here is pretty genuine and mostly respectful. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Was finally able to get out this past weekend and managed to get a gobbler on some Orange County public land. He gobbled on the roost at 5:34 and I took my shot at 5:41. Not sure if I’ll be able to get out again this season. 

Side note to everyone to triple check yourself for ticks. I found one buried in me this morning in a very private place. Sending it out to get tested. 

2D5744AC-E994-4D38-A6DA-CEE2971FD6A1.jpeg

• Like 26

I'm not hunting today but I just took a look in the field behind my shop and heard a couple gobbles. Wish I didn't have to go to work. Called back and forth with him for a minute but I had to run. He was pretty fired up though. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Your very first Post above- welcome.

Far from my first.   Been here many years.  Couldn't post with my new phone for the past few months.  Finally figured out it was a a browser issue. Once I switched browsers, I'm able to post, however it wiped out my previous post count. 

And if it was my first post? I'd still say you need to figure it out. 

Screenshot_20220518-192015.png

Edited by mowing

2 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Yup- my late Girlfriend  Patti would call me a Redneck. Very Booksmart- Hundreds laying around- but weak on Technology. 

And,I still have no Home Computer.

Now if the Cops had to enter my place and said--- WHERE'S  THE COMPUTER?!!-- I would Truthfully say-- What Computer??

What creepy things do you do that make the cops come to your house?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I finally managed to roost a pair of strutters, two jakes and a couple of hens last night. It's been a dismal season for turkey sightings. Watched these birds out here until a little after 8:00 last night. The dominant tom actually bred one of the hens just before exiting the field. He's gobbled several times already on the hill just across the road.  I'm waiting for him in the blind hoping that the light rain pushes them back out into the open. First open field/blind hunt in quite a while. I've got until 7:30 or so.

IMG_20220518_192029280.jpg

IMG_20220519_053300092_HDR.jpg

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 5