Live From The Woods 2022 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

Well had him gobbling he just wouldn't  come thur the dam brush . Then a truck pulled in the woods  behind me  and they got out and started cutting wood . Ugggh . I only have 1 more weekend . My daughter is coming from Iowa  next weekend .  I will have to get him tomorrow or sunday

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Indeed!   Fields will be loaded with Hunters tomorrow  though. 

Yes,  I only hunted private on weekends because of the chaos. But this year was pretty quiet in the emerald knecklace of ny public land.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I turned off my alarm. Fug turkeys lol. Have to drive to pack my and daughters car from college later and she’s coming home. Pretty sure I’m only playing with one bird and really don’t want to kill him before Samantha gets a chance.  Someday she’ll tip one over. They’ve hung up every time over the last many years when we’re together. 

Well worth the wait!!!go get em!!!!

• Like 1

It’s 1 am. What am I thinking ?! Lol. Successful day of off and not hunting , moving daughter back from college , gf worked til 12:30 and I had dinner ready , alarm set for 3:59 am. Thermacell ready at the helm as 75 degrees forecast at 5 am.  Looking forward to see what God puts in front of me . 

C2D340BF-9545-4331-B16D-D3DD3E311165.jpeg

• Like 7

It is so windy here in wmu 9F, that it knocked over my decoy. This is the first morning behind the house that I did not hear any gobbles.  The mosquitoes are swarming but this Repel tick defense and the 30 mph west wind is holding them off pretty good up here in the cupola.

I got to get back here with a chainsaw and a hammer before the early September antlerless deer season and clear away the fallen ash tree and replace the missing board.  

I am giving the turkey hunting until about 7:00, then I got to go get fertilizer for my corn planting.  Hopefully, a silent Tom will hear my yelping and sneak in from downwind before  then.  If not, it will have to be all red meat and fish on the table.  
E5D638B5-BEB9-489B-8DCF-208DCA9A2952.thumb.jpeg.f73de3e6819645dac4bdac4e2bbfaf31.jpeg

871EE171-D2D1-4342-97B0-28F2F68553E2.thumb.jpeg.dc6ddd963e85f085ea35e58e965d0bfa.jpeg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1