Live From The Woods 2022 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

25 minutes ago, Belo said:

home phone? what are you 50? :)

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Ill call your home phone at 3:50AM

Whoever wakes up at 350 to turkey hunt is definitely 50 and must hunt in your backyard. I'm up at 3 in the beginning of season and last time out it was 245. No wonder your not having a killer season if walk out to the roost after fly down.

• Like 1

Whoever wakes up at 350 to turkey hunt is definitely 50 and must hunt in your backyard. I'm up at 3 in the beginning of season and last time out it was 245. No wonder your not having a killer season if walk out to the roost after fly down.

Are you hunting the land of the midnight sun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Just now, blackbeltbill said:

Same here. I usually  get to a public parking area by 3.30am. This last week though- it could be 4am because they probably  won't  gobble until Sunrise this late.

you gotta be loving retirement though Bill. Can do those ealry morns and take a nap and know you dont have to go to work as well.  

• Like 1

I used to put on a camo rainsuit over my khakis and hunt before work. One time I went to the restroom and noticed in the mirror I was completely covered in blood down the back. I carried out a bird and it ran down between the rainsuit and my clothes lol. I walked right out the back door and called my boss to tell him Id be back after I changed

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kmartinson said:

I've had birds fly down as late as 7. Of the few birds I've killed off the roost in my neck of the woods they all flew down shortly after 5. Not everyone has an hour drive an hour hike. Get up, drink some coffee and head out.

PS there's no reason to throw shade at hunters who aren't having a killer season. We all hunt for different reasons. 

Edited by Belo

2 hours ago, Kmartinson said:

That’s about the dumbest statement I’ve heard in weeks here.  Congratulations?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Belo said:

I've had birds fly down as late as 7. Of the few birds I've killed off the roost in my neck of the woods they all flew down shortly after 5. Not everyone has an hour drive an hour hike. Get up, drink some coffee and head out.

PS there's no reason to throw shade at hunters who aren't having a killer season. We all hunt for different reasons. 

Sorry. I should have said, I got up early, scouted alot, stopped blowing money on anything except turkey hunting, stayed focused and determined,  worked hard, and had a great fortunate season. I dont think I could have accomplished that from the couch or sleeping in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kmartinson said:

Sorry. I should have said, I got up early, scouted alot, stopped blowing money on anything except turkey hunting, stayed focused and determined,  worked hard, and had a great fortunate season. I dont think I could have accomplished that from the couch or sleeping in.

hey just because I blow my money on strippers and blow doesn't mean I don't work hard! haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Kmartinson said:

I dont think I could have accomplished that from the couch or sleeping in.

I’m certainly not much of a Turkey hunter, but the guy who,lives behind my spot shoots a Tom every year . He goes in around 9AM , this year he got it on day one, after taking his wife to breakfast . 

• Like 2

I’m in as well. Not a yelp or gobble which doesn’t shock me this late in the season. Still, my first morning not hearing some vocals.

Hunted my developing food plot to save a 20min walk to where I planned to hunt and I hope that doesn’t bite me.

It is absolutely beautiful though. Cool and calm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk