Live From The Woods 2022 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

That’s a wrap. He stayed at 100 for close to 90 minutes. Finally meandering off silent. Then opened up again but different spot. Daughter needs to nap as works later. Oh well , fun morning and the best I got into him so far. Next available for us is Monday / Tuesday 

• Like 5

On 5/15/2022 at 7:14 PM, cas said:

I've also become the worst hunter.

spacer.png

There's no telling how long I sat here on Monday, didn't see a single turkey!

That's not exactly true, there was one swimming around way on the other side. He never came close enough to get a shot though. Probably all for the best, I think it was probably sick or something, it kept making this awful honking noise.

Edited by cas
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Anybody out and about???

This is my 2nd day in a row off. 8 hours of sleep! Be out tomorrow  though and hopefully  Cynthia can make it out on Saturday  for a few hours. 

seems quiet on the forum, but the weather is perfect here. I'm probably good for 1 more hurrah this weekend. Good luck tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Anybody out and about???

This is my 2nd day in a row off. 8 hours of sleep! Be out tomorrow  though and hopefully  Cynthia can make it out on Saturday  for a few hours. 

That's a wrap for me. I got out 4/27 (opening day of CT) till 8am and never again. Season ends tomorrow and I can't do it. Oh well. Maybe next year. Never got to NY to hunt this May either. Just too busy with other life stuff.

• Like 1

Monday was a glorious day, so much so I stayed out from pre-dawn till noon and walked waaay too many miles. And for that I was a hurtin' unit come tuesday morning and decided to sleep in and call it a season. Eating a late breakfast about 11:15, looking out the window and a hen fed it's way across the yard. The only turkey I saw that trip.

I did see, hear and interact with birds the first weekend of the season, first time in a couple years. By me it was also the least buggy season I can ever remember, I suppose due to the strange spring and late snow dump. That part was wonderful.  

Edited by cas

Going out tomorrow morning with a buddy who has a line on a couple of gobblers....

After that I will hunt the property one more time...Gotta go up and pull the blind anyway, but it has been very quiet up there this season..

Monday I am headed to Onieda for walleyes for a few days...Sounds like a refreshing change from sitting in the woods and hearing no gobbling..

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Pygmy said:

Going out tomorrow morning with a buddy who has a line on a couple of gobblers....

After that I will hunt the property one more time...Gotta go up and pull the blind anyway, but it has been very quiet up there this season..

Monday I am headed to Onieda for walleyes for a few days...Sounds like a refreshing change from sitting in the woods and hearing no gobbling..

Sounds like a solid plan, Dan. 

Good luck on both deals......

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Good luck Dan. Walleyes are nice but that lake has perch .... would be a tuff choice . Hope you get into them .

• Thanks 1

Can hunt tomorrow morning but will wait until daughter can hunt again on Monday and or Tuesday. I have no desire to kill the only bird gobbling before she gets another chance or two. I may eat tag soup in turkey season to go with tag soup for deer season. Firsts for both. But had fun during both . That’s what it’s about 

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Done for today. I heard No Gobbling this morning.  Just a Lone Hen high up in a Tree Yelping in the Swamp where,I was. 

I was going to hunt around a Field- however a Disabled  Hunter Arrived with keys to the Metal Gate and he drove super fast down the Woodsroad. Never heard anyone shoot this morning  though.

Nice to hear a disabled hunter is out and about.

Is there a posted speed limit on Woodsroadzzzz?  :)

• Like 2

Pro tip . Just drive down Kings Highway in Durand Eastman Park , Roch. You have a good chance to grab them and stuff into sack ,saving ammo .

1E0BCD0C-DDAA-4B24-ABDE-2D130A02931B.jpeg

88C6B485-C5B5-43E4-9659-D9385DBD1C9D.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Pro tip . Just drive down Kings Highway in Durand Eastman Park , Roch. You have a good chance to grab them in stuff them in a sack ,saving ammo .

1E0BCD0C-DDAA-4B24-ABDE-2D130A02931B.jpeg

88C6B485-C5B5-43E4-9659-D9385DBD1C9D.jpeg

Keep your eyes on the road and hands opon the wheel……….Jim Morrison.  

• Like 4