Live From The Woods 2022 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

2 hours ago, Kmartinson said:

Whoever wakes up at 350 to turkey hunt is definitely 50 and must hunt in your backyard. I'm up at 3 in the beginning of season and last time out it was 245. No wonder your not having a killer season if walk out to the roost after fly down.

That’s about the dumbest statement I’ve heard in weeks here.  Congratulations?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Belo said:

I've had birds fly down as late as 7. Of the few birds I've killed off the roost in my neck of the woods they all flew down shortly after 5. Not everyone has an hour drive an hour hike. Get up, drink some coffee and head out.

PS there's no reason to throw shade at hunters who aren't having a killer season. We all hunt for different reasons. 

Sorry. I should have said, I got up early, scouted alot, stopped blowing money on anything except turkey hunting, stayed focused and determined,  worked hard, and had a great fortunate season. I dont think I could have accomplished that from the couch or sleeping in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kmartinson said:

Sorry. I should have said, I got up early, scouted alot, stopped blowing money on anything except turkey hunting, stayed focused and determined,  worked hard, and had a great fortunate season. I dont think I could have accomplished that from the couch or sleeping in.

hey just because I blow my money on strippers and blow doesn't mean I don't work hard! haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Kmartinson said:

I dont think I could have accomplished that from the couch or sleeping in.

I’m certainly not much of a Turkey hunter, but the guy who,lives behind my spot shoots a Tom every year . He goes in around 9AM , this year he got it on day one, after taking his wife to breakfast . 

• Like 2

I’m in as well. Not a yelp or gobble which doesn’t shock me this late in the season. Still, my first morning not hearing some vocals.

Hunted my developing food plot to save a 20min walk to where I planned to hunt and I hope that doesn’t bite me.

It is absolutely beautiful though. Cool and calm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slept in today. Resting up for 1 Final push. With me also- I have to Train Martial Arts for 30 minutes before heading to Turkey Hunt or not at all. It catches up with you.

Planned today- Weights,Martial Arts, and later a Hike with Sweet ABBEY up Buchanan  Hill.

Might go back out on Fri or Sat

Some hens showed up to my west and got pretty close but no gobbles. Then this guy. I took some snap videos when he got within like 10 yards lol, but those don’t save.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

That’s a wrap. He stayed at 100 for close to 90 minutes. Finally meandering off silent. Then opened up again but different spot. Daughter needs to nap as works later. Oh well , fun morning and the best I got into him so far. Next available for us is Monday / Tuesday 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2022 at 7:14 PM, cas said:

I've also become the worst hunter.

spacer.png

There's no telling how long I sat here on Monday, didn't see a single turkey!

That's not exactly true, there was one swimming around way on the other side. He never came close enough to get a shot though. Probably all for the best, I think it was probably sick or something, it kept making this awful honking noise.

Edited by cas
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Only slackers go out at 2AM. 

I find them mid day the day before, follow them all day until they roost, then sit there all night waiting for fly down. ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Anybody out and about???

This is my 2nd day in a row off. 8 hours of sleep! Be out tomorrow  though and hopefully  Cynthia can make it out on Saturday  for a few hours. 

seems quiet on the forum, but the weather is perfect here. I'm probably good for 1 more hurrah this weekend. Good luck tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1