Shotguns..

Robhuntandfish

6 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

"Machined to accept their site", sounds like an astute observation. How many harmonic dampeners are included?

The receiver is machined and the rail fits nicely into the pocket so it can't move . That's not nothin.

I can't find one gun that does everything. Every time I buy one, it stops being "the next one" and "the one most desired" and something else takes that spot.  ;) 

I've have a $44 red dot on my single shot 10ga for 25+ years now. Holding up to those 3 1/2" 10ga loads just fine.

Helps that I only fire it once every few years those. :)

On 3/23/2022 at 11:48 AM, squirrelwhisperer said:

a Benelli Nova Pump for turkey , it just sits in the safe lol)

Great guns to shoot, poor guns to carry IMO. Too fat to hand carry, you need to shoulder sling it, which is something I do not do nor want to.  Mine's been the "oh yeah, I need to sell that" gun for about a decade now.

Edited by cas

2 hours ago, cas said:

I can't find one gun that does everything. Every time I buy one, it stops being "the next one" and "the one most desired" and something else takes that spot.  ;) 

I've have a $44 red dot on my single shot 10ga for 25+ years now. Holding up to those 3 1/2" 10ga loads just fine.

Great guns to shoot, poor guns to carry IMO. Too fat to hand carry, you need to shoulder sling it, which is something I do not do nor want to.  Mine's been the "oh yeah, I need to sell that" gun for about a decade now.

My 1100 really has killed everything I hunt for effectively, but toys are cool.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cas said:

Def agree. I now have 5 shotguns because I could never find "the one" to do it all. They are more like my fishing poles in that I have one for panfish, one for sharks/tuna, one for striped bass, one for fluke, one for blackfish, one for deep water wrecks, and so on and so on and so on. Kinda like trying to play golf with one club...not happening.

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I added an O/U to the mix last week, it was the one shotgun I didnt have and wanted. I suppose a SXS could be on that list too, maybe someday 

God would have put your eyes like that if you were supposed to shoot one of those.  That’s what I would always tell the guys on my trap team, who used them, when I brought out my side by side.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I added an O/U to the mix last week, it was the one shotgun I didnt have and wanted. I suppose a SXS could be on that list too, maybe someday 

Everyone who shoots at anything flying  ( including cottontails "flying" through the puckerbrush) needs a good side by side  AND a good O/U.....It is simply the proper way to do things...Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun.....

• Like 5

Everyone who shoots at anything flying  ( including cottontails "flying" through the puckerbrush) needs a good side by side  AND a good O/U.....It is simply the proper way to do things...Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun.....

Although I don’t remember the last time I had one in the woods there’s just something that just feels right about an O/U! I have a soft spot for red label Rugers, probably why I have 5 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Lets not forget I have that Belgium Browning Double Automatic at the ready!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Some people are hunters who own guns.

Some people are shooters who hunt.

Yeah..  I honestly don't know how many shotguns I have.  I suppose I could count them, but what good would that do.

• Like 4

That was exactly what I was worried about, I signed up to be notified when those come back in stock, thanks man!

I talked to the very nice folks at sumtoy this evening. I believe it’s a husband and wife outfit out of Georgia. I was looking for a mount for a new toy and she said if they don’t have it they’ll make it tomorrow and it will be in the mail by Wednesday. Hard to beat a company with service like that and only 50$ shipped. If you’re still looking their number is (912) 237-4360

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I talked to the very nice folks at sumtoy this evening. I believe it’s a husband and wife outfit out of Georgia. I was looking for a mount for a new toy and she said if they don’t have it they’ll make it tomorrow and it will be in the mail by Wednesday. Hard to beat a company with service like that and only 50$ shipped. If you’re still looking their number is (912) 237-4360

Yeah I'm gonna call them today, thanks man!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Totally agree, nothing like a well balanced double for hunting small game and wing shooting, class, tradition and beauty.

Al

12 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Ugly guns need love too.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 9:28 PM, Buckmaster7600 said:

You sir, are a fount of knowledge in addition to being a hell of a pistol instructor.  Ordered the sight after I ordered the base from a nice lady with a southern accent.  Appreciated!

• Like 1

You sir, are a fount of knowledge in addition to being a hell of a pistol instructor.  Ordered the sight after I ordered the base from a nice lady with a southern accent.  Appreciated!

I think you’ll be very happy with it, they sit over 3/8”lower than a rail mount, are bomb proof and look way cleaner!

• Like 1