Senate confirmation hearings for Ketanji - Brown Jackson

Been watching the hearings on and off the past 2 days and was wondering what you guys thought so far. To me , KBJ seems like a very nice person , intelligent , well versed In the law AND A MAJOR LEFT WING ACTIVIST !! I would not bit to confirm her !! She will get confirmed , inevitably , but anyone who cannot answer as simple and obvious  a question as “ what’s a woman” has serious cred issues IMHO . I mean , this woke stuff has gone way too far , hasn’t it ?? People don’t what to believe any longer and what is real and what is not !!! Very scary ….

What say you? 

• Like 3

She is not qualified to be on the SCOTUS.  She wasn't even able to state what the principle of the Dred Scott decision was. That used to be taught to children in middle school and is an essential case for all law students.  She was evasive and dishonest in many of her answers to simple questions.  That is evidence of someone who intends to be an activist on the bench, not someone who will follow the rule of law.  She's only been a judge for 10 years and has had an extremely large number of her decisions overturned by higher courts upon appeal.  She is soft on crime and shows little concern for the victims of criminals. 

Biden is putting a fox in the hen house and the American people are going to be victimized by it.

Why is it a given she will be confirmed, when a man like Kavanaugh was not?

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Been watching the hearings on and off the past 2 days and was wondering what you guys thought so far. To me , KBJ seems like a very nice person , intelligent , well versed In the law AND A MAJOR LEFT WING ACTIVIST !! I would not bit to confirm her !! She will get confirmed , inevitably , but anyone who cannot answer as simple and obvious  a question as “ what’s a woman” has serious cred issues IMHO . I mean , this woke stuff has gone way too far , hasn’t it ?? People don’t what to believe any longer and what is real and what is not !!! Very scary ….

What say you? 

This is where the Republicans lost an opportunity.  She was asked what is a woman and would not answer.  Ted Cruz raised the point if he could change his race.  She should have been asked in follow-up "Biden said he would nominate a black woman.  Are YOU a black woman?"  If she answers affirmatively, then follow up with what makes you black and what makes you a woman?  If she answers negatively, then Biden didn't do what he said and the wrong person is there.  If she refuses to answer, that speaks volume of a (not so hidden) agenda.

Edited by DoubleDose
typo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

She plans to take the oath of office, vowing to support and defend the US Constitution, knowing full well she will not do that.  All of these activist judges who ignore the Rule of Law should be impeached and removed from the bench.

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

What are you guys complaining about? Doesn't matter much who gets on the bench as there will be a conservative majority for a long time. You start to look like whiners,even when you are ahead...

Really shouldnt look at it that way IMHO.  I want the person to be : 1. competent, and 2.Not an activist and especially not 3. A liberal Activist !! lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

No lol here. You would be fine if it was your kind of activist. 

If the candidate is a constitutional activist, then yes.

If the candidate is only being accepted because of gender(Is she a Woman ?) and color, than no.

It’s a joke. Some food for thought. Didn’t Biden break the law by discriminating others from being a candidate if he or she didn’t meet his criteria by being a black woman? Focusing on our constitution, when will she be questioned about Joe’s actions by selecting her solely on race and gender? We are in a sad state of affairs!

• Like 1

Any activist judge, on either side of the political spectrum, should never be considered for the SCOTUS.  The US Constitution is the law of the land and must be followed to the letter in all decisions.  It is a legal document.  It says what it says and doesn't say what it doesn't say. 

Would anyone accept an "interpretation" of a contract they signed that would put them at a disadvantage?  I don't think so.  Accepting such legal foolishness when it involves our rights and liberties is insane.

We must demand rejection of ALL political activists nominated for the SCOTUS.  If the nominee's past decisions haven't followed the Rule of Law, they should be rejected immediately and removed from any judicial position they may currently hold.  Judges being allowed to ignore the law in their rulings is what allows corruption to thrive in this land.  People willing to accept activism from a judge are just as guilty of promoting corruption as the activist judge.

I still cant get over the whole "whats a woman " thing.  When that questions was aked and she replied that she couldnt define what a woman is, it struck how profoundly disparate liberals and conservatives point of view regarding the issue of sex and gender.   I consider myself to be a very tolerant person, try not to be judgy and feel that I have a great deal of empathy/sympathy for others and their plights   I recognize and fully acknowledge that Gender Dysphoria is real and that those afflicted with it are confused and tormented souls who feel trapped in a physical body that doesnt match their gender identity. Having said that, I will NOT overcorrect by indulging in a fantasy akin to the old "Emperor Has No clothes" Fable and pretend that an individual whos birth sex is opposite their stated gender preference is equivalent to others whos birth sex matches their gender.  In other words, if youre a transgender woman , youre not REALLY a woman !! You can dress like one, walk and talk like one, act like one, etc. but you are NOT equivalent and equal biologically and anatomically to a person assigned that sex at birth!!!  You dont have a vagina and ovaries nor did you ever have them!! To me , thats what TRULY makes a woman a woman!! Out of respect to transgender individuals and for the sake of civility and proper soaical decorum, I will use their preferred pronouns , I will not disrespect and/or discriminate against them, etc, but I will NOT pretend theyre something that they really arent!! And Rest assured, those one the left such as Ketanji-Brown Jackson feel secretly feel the same way, but they wont say it , lest they offend transgenders and come off as being a intolerant "bigots" and that would be a travesty!! After all, its more impt that these sycophants   overindulge a very small segment of the population and pretend the Emperor Has No clothes than to acknowledge reality!!

1 minute ago, Northcountryman said:

I always have VH, but I stand by what I say: A Woman is a person who is born with  a vagina and a womb, period.  

Or more importantly, that those women only use Pink Muddy Girl camo. Because far be it that they wear guys camo while hunting. How dare they go into that realm!

• Haha 1