Senate confirmation hearings for Ketanji - Brown Jackson

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Ah, you’re so close. It’s an acknowledgement that sex and gender are distinct words with different meanings. 

Please explain your thought process here.

I'm thinking like this:

Anatomical sex and gender are one and the same, regardless of what you want to pretend. Forget the world of make believe for a minute. If you were born with male genitalia, you are a male, and vice versa. If you shave and put on a dress, that does not make you a woman, you are a guy in a dress. If you have IT removed, that does not make you a woman, you are a guy that had IT removed. Just because you want to "PRETEND" you are something you are not, does not mean I have to pretend with you. 

If by sex and gender have different meanings you mean to say that gender is how you are born and sex is something you do, preferably with a partner, then we can agree.

• Like 5

I'm thinking like this:
Anatomical sex and gender are one and the same, regardless of what you want to pretend. Forget the world of make believe for a minute. If you were born with male genitalia, you are a male, and vice versa. If you shave and put on a dress, that does not make you a woman, you are a guy in a dress. If you have IT removed, that does not make you a woman, you are a guy that had IT removed. Just because you want to "PRETEND" you are something you are not, does not mean I have to pretend with you. 
If by sex and gender have different meanings you mean to say that gender is how you are born and sex is something you do, preferably with a partner, then we can agree.

I teach middle school which is not always the easiest time in a young person’s life. A bunch of changes(physical, emotional, mental) and not typically ever selected as “the best years of my life” due to those changes/challenges(acne, dating, pubes, grades start to matter, cuts on sports teams, friends change, gaining independence but can still do nothing on their own, etc). If adults are struggling with this “issue” how do you think these CHILDREN feel. They still rely on adults for calm, reassurance and answers (even though they pretend to Know everything).

Your definitions make sense to me and seem pretty science based. Aren’t we to trust the science?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I'm thinking like this:

X2

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

I teach middle school which is not always the easiest time in a young person’s life. A bunch of changes(physical, emotional, mental) and not typically ever selected as “the best years of my life” due to those changes/challenges(acne, dating, pubes, grades start to matter, cuts on sports teams, friends change, gaining independence but can still do nothing on their own, etc). If adults are struggling with this “issue” how do you think these CHILDREN feel. They still rely on adults for calm, reassurance and answers (even though they pretend to Know everything).

Your definitions make sense to me and seem pretty science based. Aren’t we to trust the science?

Another one trying to bring logic into a political thread. What's wrong with you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

She views the supremes as a Politburo not a panel that holds legal issues against the constitution and decides their merit. Roberts will welcome her with open arms.
Robby

In your view, can anyone from the other side “hold legal issues against the Constitution and decide their merit?”

The only SupremeS I recognize as a true authority:

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+supremes&source=lmns&tbm=vid&bih=699&biw=414&client=safari&prmd=vin&hl=en-US&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjNpbW76OH2AhXuFlkFHWkwDdUQ_AUoAXoECAAQBA#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:1bffa240,vid:Aax5EDQMOq4,st:0

8 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I'm thinking like this:

Gender is performative. Sex is biological. Within the binary chromosomal categories, there is actually a wide spectrum of physical and functional diversity. There are also dysphoric conditions that may make individuals feel like they are not their biological sex. Leading with empathy and allowing these folks to live out and perform their sex and gender is not playing fantasy or redefining biology. Getting bent out of shape over others’ psychological and physical journey is much more puzzling to me than trying to understand and support someone with gender dysphoria. 

Edited by Versatile_Hunter
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Gender is performative. Sex is biological. Within the binary chromosomal categories, there is actually a wide spectrum of physical and functional diversity. There are also dysphoric conditions that may make individuals feel like they are not their biological sex. Leading with empathy and allowing these folks to live out and perform their sex and gender is not playing fantasy or redefining biology. Getting bent out of shape over others’ psychological and physical journey is much more puzzling to me than trying to understand and support someone with gender dysphoria. 

What percentage of people fall into “dysphoric conditions?” Is that medically “declared” (not sure that’s the right word)?
What percentage of Americans have “gender dysphoria”? What percentage of humans GLOBALLY have “gender dysphoria”?
I wonder how much of this exists in 3rd world countries where they need to worry about what they are going to eat, where they are going to sleep, and if they will die from disease?
Trust the science

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, crappyice said:

What percentage of people fall into “dysphoric conditions?” Is that medically “declared” (not sure that’s the right word)?
What percentage of Americans have “gender dysphoria”? What percentage of humans GLOBALLY have “gender dysphoria”?
I wonder how much of this exists in 3rd world countries where they need to worry about what they are going to eat, where they are going to sleep, and if they will die from disease?
Trust the science

I don’t see your point. I actually tried to minimize the issue here and I was surprised to learn from forum members how high the actual percentage is. I also don’t see why 3rd world priorities, privileges, or allowances ought to guide our empathy or tolerance. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Excellent summation of the facts and I agree , but how far should our tolerance and empathy extend ? To the point where we can no longer define the difference between woman and man ? Not in my view . 

Excellent summation of the facts and I agree , but how far should our tolerance and empathy extend ? To the point where we can no longer define the difference between woman and man ? Not in my view . 

Agree the definition was helpful but this seems to be trying to make a mountain out of a molehill…

Since VH couldn’t give me any idea of the scope of this issue, I Googled gender dysphoria and found this site.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gender-dysphoria/

Check this part out…
6dd45e024662cb42e824537ef6907314.jpg

Is that GD or every middle/high school kid at some point from the ages of 12-18?

• Like 1

Agreed- as is often the case, the "empathy and tolerance" is taken too far ,resulting in obfuscation of reality. 

I love that word….but the fact that adults are bringing the obscure and unintelligible to already confused kids pisses me off

Yes, lets "transform" society for less than one percent of one percent of one percent of humanity for a group of people that don't know what their gender is ?

Almost like letting a senile old man be in control of the most powerful country in the world, what could go wrong ?

What's sad , is that people are ok with her answer on the "Women" question and have no concern that a person of her now know very limited thinking is going to be appointed to the Supreme court of the united states.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Grouse said:

Ask yourself why this would even be an issue the SCOTUS would rule on.  Could it be to force this issue on all of us against our will?

Im thinking its like that movie 1984 

2 + 2 = 5  or what ever the dear leader says its a test of how much big brother can brainwash people whats a women what ever they tell you now apparently.

On 3/25/2022 at 10:06 PM, crappyice said:

Trust the science

The best thing about science is that it PROVES religion.  It is physically impossible to make something from nothing, therefore GOD must exist.  That’s what they ought to teach in school, rather than  “evolution” horse shit and the “big bang” theory.  

It is also quite simple, using pure science, to prove that new life begins at conception.   How anyone can argue that fact, is beyond my understanding.   I guess they are just nit-wits. 

I am thankful that Biden picked a black woman for the Supreme Court.  Once she looks into the numbers and learns that black lives have been aborted in the US at 5 times the rate as whites, she will likely get onboard with overturning Roe v Wade.   ALL lives matter.

Edited by wolc123
  • Haha 1