Chautauqua lake recommendations

doebuck1234

Cousin and I are considering a little couples get away and Chautauqua harbor hotel keeps popping up.any reviews on it as I know some are from the area.looking for a weekend stay and a day of fishing is a must for us two.cousin is driving me crazy on catching his first musky:rofl:

Edited by doebuck1234

Cousin and I are considering a little couples get away and Chautauqua harbor hotel keeps popping up.any reviews on it as I know some are from the area.looking for a weekend stay and a day of fishing is a must for us two.cousin is driving me crazy on catching his first musky:rofl:
Never been to the hotel but it looked pretty sweet when we launched next door this summer. Be careful if you launch at that end if the lake.....between the hotel and Smith Boys marina there is an area refered to as rock island.....we learned the hard way it was there. Sucker eats props for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Apparently in the early 1900's a guy hauled tons of rocks out to this area trying to build and island so he could build a restaurant on it....the great depreasion hit before he could finsh and he quit building the island.

As far as Musky go @zeek i think has caught a few outta that lake if i remember correctly.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

All of the musky we have caught were accidents. Always get them going for perch or walleye. When i have tossed big stick baits or big ol mepps muskie killer ive got walleye lol. I only really fish the north end. What time of year u planning on? 

We're leaning towards mid June probably 

4 hours ago, doebuck1234 said:

We're leaning towards mid June probably 

Thats getting a better time for musky activity. Depending on water temperature first weed beds on the deep side are great and trolling up and down points can work great also. You can pick them up with the fish finder to locate them, but they can be tight lipped.

13 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Never been to the hotel but it looked pretty sweet when we launched next door this summer. Be careful if you launch at that end if the lake.....between the hotel and Smith Boys marina there is an area refered to as rock island.....we learned the hard way it was there. Sucker eats props for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Apparently in the early 1900's a guy hauled tons of rocks out to this area trying to build and island so he could build a restaurant on it....the great depreasion hit before he could finsh and he quit building the island.

As far as Musky go @zeek i think has caught a few outta that lake if i remember correctly.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Neither one of us have a boat so looking into a service for the lake.tis why we are trying to plan a few months out

4 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Neither one of us have a boat so looking into a service for the lake.tis why we are trying to plan a few months out

We used to stay at yorkys cottages every year for a giant father son fishing trip . The place next had cottages on the water and boat rentals . The name of it was something like we wan chu rentals maybe?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...