Handgun Night Sights; Type & Installation?

I'd like to get some night sights on the Glock 21 and THINK I've settled on the Trijicon HD XR.  I don't know if I'll be able to find them locally and if I don't, I don't know about installing them myself.  I'm sure some here have installed their own; did you use a sight pusher or just drift them in? 

What kind do you like?

Edited by Lawdwaz

• Lawdwaz changed the title to Handgun Night Sights; Type & Installation?

2 Tritium “viles” in the rear and one for a front sight.   Google Trijicon, Ameriglo, Truglo or others for “night sights”.

You’ll get more information from the web than from me right now…….Zzzzzzz out go the lights.   :)

36 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

I like the X-ray 3 sights, but I’m not sure if they’re available for Glock. Meprolight makes a fine tritium sight as well. $25 at my LGS to push them in. Money well spent. 

Last week I stopped at a local place that has been around since the 70's but recently went to new ownership.  They had nothing in stock but of course said they could order in what I wanted......I don't think I'd trust them to installing them. 

Now that the Buffalo Gun Center is gone, I don't know who's the best stocked dealer?

What are you using it for?

For defensive pistols I love the XS DXT big dots. It’s the fastest sight I’ve ever shot. They’re not the best for punching X’s out of paper so if it’s a range you probably not the best option.

Drift them in with a poly punch and get the front sight tool from Glock. Be sure to apply a bit
Of lock tite on the front sight. It’s a 2 minute job. If the rear isn’t going don’t be afraid to do a little filing, you can mess up the slide. The slide can be messed up by an idiot with a pusher too so I would rather do it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Last week I stopped at a local place that has been around since the 70's but recently went to new ownership.  They had nothing in stock but of course said they could order in what I wanted......I don't think I'd trust them to installing them. 

Now that the Buffalo Gun Center is gone, I don't know who's the best stocked dealer?

Every gun shop that I stopped in didn’t have the sights that I wanted. My go to shop said they could order them, but couldn’t tell me when they might get them. So I asked if I could just order them myself and bring them in to be installed. No problem! Go right ahead. I think I did them a favor actually. 
With so many options for sights, and probably very little markup, I’d guess that most shops won’t keep too much in stock. Maybe I’m wrong. IDK. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

What are you using it for?

Range, Nightstand & hunting.

I've had night sights on a couple Glock guns (19 & 27) in the past but don't recall what they were.  My Sig 365 has factory installed night sights; I believe the front is a Truglo and the rear is of Sig's own manufacture?

35 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Range, Nightstand & hunting.

I've had night sights on a couple Glock guns (19 & 27) in the past but don't recall what they were.  My Sig 365 has factory installed night sights; I believe the front is a Truglo and the rear is of Sig's own manufacture?

All of the current P365’s come with Sig X-ray 3 sights. It has a green front post, and the rear is just a pair of tritiums. I’m not sure if the older ones had Sig lites, but if they did, it would have a white front post, with 2 white ones on the rear. 

On 3/26/2022 at 11:42 AM, Buckmaster7600 said:

For defensive pistols I love the XS DXT big dots. It’s the fastest sight I’ve ever shot. They’re not the best for punching X’s out of paper so if it’s a range you probably not the best option.

Thanks ! I’ve been looking at those for my Springfield , it’s getting so seeing the front sight clearly is an issue with my old eyes . It just want fast pick up for SD .

• Like 1

Thanks ! I’ve been looking at those for my Springfield , it’s getting so seeing the front sight clearly is an issue with my old eyes . It just want fast pick up for SD .

They’re plenty accurate for anything I want to do with a carry pistol and extremely fast. I wouldn’t put them on my 22 I carry for partridge killing but for everything else they’re the best I’ve found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any night sights I have are SIGLITE so that doesn't help. I'd definitely go with smallest you can comfortably see. Eyes wont get any better but for hunting and range you can only shoot bigger dots so well.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk