Good ammo price

Swamp_bucks

Was at the Norwich Walmart today and they had Remington nitro turkey rounds in 20 & 12 gauge. 20s were $6/box with 10 rounds they had probably close to 80boxes of them. 12s $8/box.  22lr 325 round for $21/box.  Hand full of other ammo at decent prices.

limit 3 boxes total per customer per day.  I picked up 3 boxes of nitros and going back for more tomorrow. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Was at the Norwich Walmart today and they had Remington nitro turkey rounds in 20 & 12 gauge. 20s were $6/box with 10 rounds they had probably close to 80boxes of them. 12s $8/box.  22lr 325 round for $21/box.  Hand full of other ammo at decent prices.

limit 3 boxes total per customer per day.  I picked up 3 boxes of nitros and going back for more tomorrow. 

I had seen good prices at our local Walmart also, and more stock than in the last couple years.

I found some Federal 3” 12g trophy solid copper slugs at Walmart yesterday. I haven’t seen them in almost 2 years. It’s been pretty slim pickings though at the few Walmart’s around here. Mostly just 22LR. I did grab a box of Federal 22 $21/325. They run pretty good in my pistol. 

Edited by NonTypical

Glenville Walmart has a lot of the 22lr Federal, 325 in a box for $21.  Some other 22lr 300 in a box. A few 350 legends boxes and a few 7.62 x 51 boxes. 

Two boxes of 12gauge no lead #7. A couple 20 gauge #8s. And about 5 100 round Federal 12 gauge #7 trap  for $29.44.

8 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

That's a great price on those turkey loads. The box I just traded ran me $24 when I bought it, but that was at a gun shop.

1 hour ago, Meatball said:

Glenville Walmart has a lot of the 22lr Federal, 325 in a box for $21.  Some other 22lr 300 in a box. A few 350 legends boxes and a few 7.62 x 51 boxes. 

Two boxes of 12gauge no lead #7. A couple 20 gauge #8s. And about 5 100 round Federal 12 gauge #7 trap  for $29.44.

Walmart had 7.62x51 ammo? I thought they weren't selling that and .223 anymore.

I picked up a couple boxes of CCI 22LR Mini Mags a few weeks ago at $5 a box for 50. Probably the first time I've bought ammo in Wallyworld in a couple of years. They usually only have #7, 7 1/2, and 8 shot, so I don't bother even looking half the time. I've yet to see any ammo for my deer rifles in any of the 8 or so I have been too in the past 9 years.

Edited by DirtTime

2 hours ago, rachunter said:

Walmart has been pretty steady with the .22 ammo. Another store with decent prices and a steady supply is running’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear a lot of people saying the Runnings in Johnstown has been pretty well stocked for a long time on ammo and black powder supplies. Too much of a trek for me at almost two hours. I don't care much for F&S, but they have a decent enough supply on hand as well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

I hear a lot of people saying the Runnings in Johnstown has been pretty well stocked for a long time on ammo and black powder supplies. Too much of a trek for me at almost two hours. I don't care much for F&S, but they have a decent enough supply on hand as well.

F&S has had a good supply, but their prices have been quite high as of late. A big difference from a year ago when stuff was really hard to find and they were the cheapest around, at least for 9mm. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

F&S has had a good supply, but their prices have been quite high as of late. A big difference from a year ago when stuff was really hard to find and they were the cheapest around, at least for 9mm. 

I agree on the price thing. The only box store I found that had higher prices was Gander before they closed. I still bit the bullet (no pun intended) and paid $28 each for some #6 20GA when shelves were still pretty barren. I know a lot of people liked that place, but I wasn't a fan because of the prices.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rachunter said:

That’s the one. They even have reloading stuff. My go to store is Frank’s in Amsterdam they seem to always have what I need at a decent price and they are a friendly group of guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Franks. I've still not bought anything from the new place, but did plenty of business with them when they had the little place across from the game farm.

I’ve been buying most of my Ammo online lately. The places that I shop don’t charge tax, and even with shipping it’s usually much cheaper than any local shops. In fact, I even found some 357 Sig ammo on GB that I couldn’t find anywhere for a great price. The pics showed the retailer’s name. I called them up and purchased directly from them. No tax and no CC fees normally associated with GB. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NonTypical said:

I’ve been buying most of my Ammo online lately. The places that I shop don’t charge tax, and even with shipping it’s usually much cheaper than any local shops. In fact, I even found some 357 Sig ammo on GB that I couldn’t find anywhere for a great price. The pics showed the retailer’s name. I called them up and purchased directly from them. No tax and no CC fees normally associated with GB. 

Where are you ordering from?

• 2 weeks later...

FYI , was in Dicks Webster today ( needed Sawyers tick spray ASAP ) bought 7mm08, had tons of 6.5 Creedmoor, lots of 30.06 Cor lok , bunch of Hornady sabots , 350 something , 300 blk .

I didn’t try to memorize it all though .

2 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Were there 20ga. Sabots?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Yes there  were . Want me to grab some tomorrow? I don’t recall the price . My daughter uses them , well they’re back ups to her 7mm08, I have a few boxes here at home as well .

Samantha will be here for Easter , and can bring them back to Buffalo , she did this for Turkey Feathers ,it’s not a problem.

Edited by Nomad