Hunting pants

Buckmaster7600

For Turkey season and early deer season I need a new pair of pants. I have worn green unifirst work pants for a long time but their quality has gone down drastically in the last few pairs. The old ones wore like iron and I could get years out of them I don’t get them through work anymore and would like something that holds up a little better. My current ones dry quick, are quiet and are very comfortable. I don’t want or need camo but want to try something different. What’s everyone else wear in the woods when you don’t need any insulation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every situation is different. Ripstop is great. I go to my local army navy and see what they have. Usually durable and fairly reasonable. I also buy closeout stuff from Walmart and other department stores, most of it is quiet, some of it doesn't stand up to prickers but you can tell by the feel durability in general.

SKRE

I haven’t tried these yet but have tried first lite “junk” kuiu “bad fit and loud” I really don’t like the athletic fit of this style of pants. I walk a-lot and am not in bad shape but I am not built like an Olympic runner. Do the SKRE’s follow the others in the athletic fit,

26 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I haven’t tried these yet but have tried first lite “junk” kuiu “bad fit and loud” I really don’t like the athletic fit of this style of pants. I walk a-lot and am not in bad shape but I am not built like an Olympic runner. Do the SKRE’s follow the others in the athletic fit,

I ordered mine larger then I normally would wear because I also don't care for the tight fit as well as room for layers . The unita pants are the light weight ones . I have larger then average size thighs and don't have an issue wearing them or feeling restricted. Customer service is really good if you need to send them back to try different sizes ,everything ive ordered from them comes with a prepaid shipping label.

• Like 3

I ordered mine larger then I normally would wear because I also don't care for the tight fit as well as room for layers . The unita pants are the light weight ones . I have larger then average size thighs and don't have an issue wearing them or feeling restricted. Customer service is really good if you need to send them back to try different sizes ,everything ive ordered from them comes with a prepaid shipping label.

Thanks I’ll give them a try, I ordered a pair of Eddie Bauer mt flex pants that are talked very highly of on the western forums also.

I've been using carhartt logger double knee pants for decades.

Usually I wear a hole through the first layer of one of the knees after years of work abuse and then retire them for years of use as hunting/ farm work pant's, which is usually more abusive than my job.

2 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Which KUIU did you buy?  Attack?

I've been using carhartt logger double knee pants for decades.
Usually I wear a hole through the first layer of one of the knees after years of work abuse and then retire them for years of use as hunting/ farm work pant's, which is usually more abusive than my job.

They take way too long to dry.

Thanks I’ll give them a try, I ordered a pair of Eddie Bauer mt flex pants that are talked very highly of on the western forums also.

If your not in a huge huge hurry that have sales and offer discounts all the time. Great product head to toe.......my Dad is 74 years young and worked outside his entire life and swears the Koidak pants are the best pants he has ever owned from any company.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Guide and kutana

Attack are lighter and quieter, if you decide to give them another go.  Going a size up is the right move with them.  Feels like their pants are designed for toothpick legs if you go to size. 

I find them locally at Tractor Supply $45. Wrangler Riggs pants, Ranger model .

They have cargo pockets and a small tool pocket on the right leg. I love them. Dry pretty quick, durable and quiet. Multiple colors to choose from. I usually wear them 7 days a week. They are my employers uniform pant, but I purchased other colors for my weekends to wear. Just don't put them in the dryer. I hang them on my dining room chairs for the night to dry them after washing.

Attack are lighter and quieter, if you decide to give them another go.  Going a size up is the right move with them.  Feels like their pants are designed for toothpick legs if you go to size. 

A buddy has them and he complained about them not holding up to well is why I avoided them. I might have to give them a shot

22 hours ago, Meatball said:

I find them locally at Tractor Supply $45. Wrangler Riggs pants, Ranger model .

I like that option. I have a pair of camo Carhartts I use, along with a few real "hunting pants", but even those are not the silly paying for the name brands.  I just can't see overthinking (and way over paying) for warm weather pants.

Edited by cas

I just buy the pants at Walmart, either Real Tree or Mossy Oak. I'll buy a few sizes up for layering in cold weather, and regular size for not worrying abut insulation. Last year about this time, I got camo pants on clearance for $5.

Edited by DirtTime
  • Like 1