Got busted yesterday but maybe it was a good thing.

styk

At about 4 I had a deer coming straight at me. As he got closer I saw 2 pretty tall spikes. I didn't pick up the binoculars because I had just assumed he was a spike when he was walking. By the time he was close to me I saw a tiny fork and some decent brow tines. Because I hunt in an antler restricted wmu I was sitting down and the bow was on the hangar.

Once I realized he was legal and I tried to move he was staring right at me. Busted.

So he ran about 40 yards and then wandered off..

The good thing is right before dark I saw 2-3 really nice bucks together that just wouldn't get close enough.. Tried grunting first and they didn't even look up from eating. Then I hit the bleat can and still no reaction..

Now I know that they are out there, going to climb a different tree and closer to the runway they used and hope for the best.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It's happened to us all.  Just learn from this and remember to ALWAYS be ready.  I am standing 90% of the time in my stand with my bow in hand and resting on the shooters rest so when something comes in i have as little movement as possible to line up for the shot.  Sometimes those sneaky buggers just come out of nowhere.  Better luck next time.

• Like 1