Syracuse.com - Stories and photos wanted from Central New York trout anglers from opening day

Send your stories (keep them under 250 words) and photos to [email protected].

The opening day of trout season never fails to produce a host of memorable moments and pictures.

I'd like to hear from Central New York anglers about their their successes, their failures, their most interesting and funniest moments this Tuesday. And of course, I'd like to see pictures of the big ones that didn't get away, along with the smiles of those holding the first trout of their lives.

Send your stories (keep them under 250 words) and photos to [email protected].

I will making the rounds Tuesday morning, checking on anglers at a number of local streams to see how things are going. I plan to tweet every 15-20 minutes or so, beginning at 6 a.m. (or possibly earlier). My tweets will appear on my outdoors blog on syracuse.com. Follow me @davidjfigura.

Want to join in the fun? Use the hashtag of #cnyfishing and your tweets will appear on my blog as well. Please include reports about stream conditions and whether the fish are biting or not for those unable to get out that morning.

Good luck out there.

View the full article on The Syracuse Outdoors Blog