Toxic Broadheads

cdmckane

Yesterday, I didn't see anything in my stand during my afternoon hunt, so I climbed down at 430, knowing there was still 20 minutes of legal shooting time left, because I wanted to wander to the edge of the field and see if anything was there.  Sure enough, a decent doe was standing 40 yds quartering away and hadn't a clue I was there.  I took up a good rest and let my Scorpyd do its job.  I heard the bolt hit her, she fell down, then got up and ran into the woods.  I looked for my bolt, but couldn't find it in the tall grass, I did see some nice blood, so I went back to the house and had dinner.

I went out after dinner but didn't have a very good light, so I backed out til this morning.  Found her deader than a door nail 30 yds from where she went into the woods.  Probably 50 yds total from where I hit her. 

Anyone else using Toxic broadheads?  I used them on the recommendation of the shop where I bought my Scorpyd, and man he was right.  They do put a hole in deer like a shotgun slug and leave a blood trail Stevie Wonder could follow. 

• Like 1