Columbia County

eczernich

First deer season hunting NY...Only had the chance to get out bow hunting about 5 times...From MA so it is a culture shock to cross the border and see deer (at least 9 deer each trip all while driving) ...  Don't know what to expect come Saturday morning rifle opener, but friends who hunt said it will be unreal compared to MA opener....Hope to connect, but will be nice to compare the season openers.

Yes. It is.

MA last year I saw one deer during bow season. 70 yards out in woods. Nothing during shotgun and muzzleloader. 24 guys on 400 acres two,years ago. One deer was seen. That was opening day.

Probably was in woods 100 hours.

As a Hunter from mass of rather hunt once a week in New York than waste my time in mass.

I haven't seen a deer this year since November 1. And this includes driving!

In October I saw may be 4 deer total. 3 while driving. I drive all day Lon

g,for,my company.

They claim we have 10 deer per

square mile. I'd say it is much less. They want every deer gone.

What do you think the deer per square,mile is in Columbia county???

I've been hunting taconic state forest.

Had one come in from behind two weeks ago but,came in downwind and caught,my scent.

Edited by eczernich

They claim we have 10 deer per cent square mile. I'd say it is much less. They want every deer gone.

Had one come in from behind two weeks ago but,came in downwind and caught,my scent.

They claim we have 10 deer per cent square mile. I'd say it is much less. They want every deer gone.

Not very good I wish u luck but here the deer are so pressured people from up north and from mass will push opening day which can be frustrating when u plan your hunt and have done homework it becomes less and less deer every year because of more and more hunters from out of state and out of the area I Len it when I said people walk over each other