Newbie to forum from Chemung County(8Y)

Roarky4

Just to introduce myself. My name is Geoff im from region 8Y aka Chemung County. Currently 28 yrs old. Mostly hunt archery as some people that hunt guns i auestion the way they carry and use a firearm. I joined the New York State Big Buck Club and Pope and Young record book with my 140 7/8 after deduction typical 5 1/2 year old Whitetail shot by my Martin bow with ICS Hunter and Rage broadhead. While my hunting season was limited last year with my father getting ill and passing away on Nov 11 2013 i was able to tag a 130 class whitetail on Nov 12 2013 which i believe my father sent my way on that very overcast day. Im a firm believer on proper management and food plots. Im glad the land owners around my property are all on the same page as me and we'll sit down together a week before season starts and go over trailcamera photos and agree on what bucks are good to harvest for the year and then agree on how many does to take. Since starting this 6 years ago we have started to see the benefits on this kind of management and been able to take 130-160 class whitetails every year. While i understand some people that hunt are there for the meat i think all of us hunters of NY should stick to a statewide management system to make NY then next Iowa or Kentucky of whitetails in the USA. Make it a place both meat hunters and Trophy hunters want to come and shoot both good body and good antler size whitetails. Any other questions dont be afraid to ask.

post-5409-0-37562700-1412045753_thumb.jp

Edited by Roarky4

Hi geoff, welcome to the site bud. Iam also from Chemung County.. just moved up from LI last year. good group of people here so enjoy the site.

just some advise, Proper deer management and or any sort of state wide restrictions are hotly debated topics..lol..as they are on any hunting forum