Dans deer "tails"

Dan92

Why hunt yotes during deer season? ?

Between all the deer scent lures there and now yote calling/hunting, I doubt I am going to go there to hunt deer late bow/ml season.

i walked around for a few hours last week and saw at least 7 scent sticks hanging

i honestly dont think its worth deer hunting there anyway. especially if you have other spots to hunt. its dead there.. been like that for over a week now

lol, I know peope who gets bucks out of Lockwood every single year.

Thanks for the heads up though, I won't be going there knowing people are calling for varmints during deer season. You are going to piss off any deer hunters who are there hunting deer.

i ended up not going.. ALL my hunting stuff except my gun and coveralls ended up being in the car thats not here .. i was going to go to the lockwood end not the dixon end.. ive never seen anyone on the lockwood end.. and i doubt people are walking from dixon end to that end

Its only 2.5 miles. I know someone who lives on the lockwood end and just talked to him today actually. He has some great pictures of monster buck rubs. However, he said the place went downhill. He said there are hunters everywhere, scent wicks everywhere, and he has even heard of some people baiting illegally in there. Crazy, but sucks. No wonder why my dad hasn't seen any deer there. Used to be a decent spot, guess it got too popular. This guy was grunt calling and 2 hunters came to within 50 yards before they saw him lol, idiots.

I won't be going there again.

lol yea every time i go.. except early bow. there is at least 5 cars... hmm ill keep my eye out for baiting. i havent seen anything, but i havent really been looking either. next season i will have somewhere else to go. didnt have time this season to prepare. ive never scouted the lockwood side either.. maybe ill scout that out after the season and see what was or still is in there on that side. has he had any luck there this season?