best darn jerky recipe

noahmstone

I have been wanting to make jerky for about 6 years but refused to do it with out the recipe my father used when i was a kid. Every time I asked him for the recipe he would get frustrated and tell me he lost the recipe at some point and searched the internet and couldn't find that specific recipe because he wanted to make jerky also.

I went to show my uncle the buck I got the other day and the jerky topic came up. He started dating a woman about a year ago that he dated for a few years when I was a kid. When he got his deer this year he wanted to make jerky and she pulled out the recipe my father had given them 20 some years ago. he was surprised she had kept it all of those years. he copied it down for me and my father couldn't believe it when I showed it to him.

it is a simple easy recipe that tastes great

4 lbs venison cut 1/8 -1/4 inch thick

1 1/3 TBLS salt

1 tsp pepper

2 tsp onion powder

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp worcestershire sauce

12 drops tabasco sauce

1/4 tsp thyme

Add just enough water to cover meat. let the meat marinate for 24 hours. place oven on warm. stretch meat over racks. place in oven on warm for 4-10 hrs.

I have 8 lbs marinating as I type this I can't wait till it is done.

• Like 1

anything you would normally use for burger, sausage, stew meat is what i use. I still had 13-14 lbs of burger/sausage left. and you just let it sit there for the 4-10 hours. I guess you need to keep an eye it. it could be done sooner my uncle said his last batch took 3-3.5 hrs. you need to watch for it to "crack"

Edited by noahmstone