Adirondack Hunting

pa3190

Hello, everyone. I'm not sure of the demographics here; how many from my neck of the woods (Adirondacks). I just can't seem to get enough of the woods. grew up in Orange County area; cut my teeth hunting the Catskills and, later, western NY. I found my niche up here, though, with room to roam, a private lease club of 1250 acres (small lease for up here) and many more state acres. My club ranges from age 65 to guys in their 20's. Those of us who live here do a lot of the scouting and stand location work. We hunt alot from treestands to try to keep the deer daytime activity maximized. But we are free to hunt as we wish. I killed a ton of deer downstate on State land and my father's land in my day, but it is definitely more of a challenge up here. Deer aren't used to us in the woods and there are fewer of them to roam the expanses of terrain. However, we are quite successful and those who work at it generally get a deer often enough. I am at the stage in my life that if I didn't have the club and the camp we share and the comradery, I wouldn't hunt anymore. I usually get one, but just the taking of the deer isn't enough. I can't say enough about the experience of an Adirondack camp. We take about 12 guys for our club and currently have two openings. We are careful to make it fit for us and for the new guys, if anyone is interested.

• 1 month later...

Hi - I live in Bloomimgdale, NY and fullu understand your writing about the hunting up here. I don't need to be a member of a "club" as I have enough land (110,000 acres) behind my house. No, it's not mine, but I treat as mine. LOL