Pistol permit

Well I finally got all of my paper work done and turned in about a week ago, Now the awesome wait, here in Tompkins they like to wait till the very end then finally send it or deny. What some local gun dealers were shocked was I didn't have to have a pistol already purchased to put on the permit. I'm having a hard time because I wouldn't mind paying for one in advance and having him hold it, the issue is that im not even allowed to legally hold a pistol without having my permit, so this is where im confused. Why would someone purchase a gun to put on his/her permit if they cant actually hold it to see how it feels in their hand ?

My buddy added a pistol to his permit in Tompkins and the person he talked to said the time frame has was only a couple months. In Jan it took him 3 weeks to add a pistol to his permit, but only 5 days just last week to add one. You will get the hunting and target shooting permit, as they don't give out concealed much.

Yeah I applied for concealed but I know they will drop it to just hunting/target which is fine for now because I plan on moving in a few years. But hopefully it only takes a few months. I believe my first purchase is going to be a 1911 I wanted a .45 but im reading around that says they aren't really a lot better for knockdown power compared to the 9mm. maybe I can find a nice 1911 short model around locally. Id prefer the .45 but my wallet gets to negotiate haha

Thank's ! but everyone I'm talking to says there still giving them to almost everyone who applies, atleast here in Tompkins, My brother told me he applied about 3 years ago but got denied, I don't believe he even applied I think he was blowing smoke of out his you know what. Fingers are crossed that I get mine, would be a shame if I didn't just because of the money and time I have invested into it !