Messing with the does behind my house

Chef

So I just got home from work, im in dress cloths mind you. I look out the back window and see a doe and her fawn in the woods behind my house, I decide to have so fun. I bust out my grunt/ bleet tube and head for the back porch. I grunt at her a few times and it gets her attention. I creep down the steps so I'm standing on the rock retaining wall about 8 yards from her and I hit the bleet side. She turns and faces me and stops a few times... I give her a few loud grunts and she blows and her and the fawn run about 10 yards to my left.... I bleet a few times and walk towards them..... She stares me down and stomps a few times while i combo grunt and bleet at her.... I climb over the wall and try to get my phone out to video this I rustle some leaves and she blows and they run another 10 yards i keep her attention for a few more min before my girlfriend calls me in for dinner.... She did present what would have been a few good shots. To Bad I live in southern westchester and won't break the law....... I still had a good Time though i will try this again when I see the big buck that keeps comming around good practice for calling

My wife told didn't she? ;)

Honest though - that'd be a hoot if you could get video of it.   We live in a development and our back yard is fenced with 6' on 3 sides with 4' that you can see through for small sections by the house.   Went to go out and grill and saw a doe and fawn in the back yard.   I never thought to go back in and get the camera. I watched 'em for a few minutes from inside our 3 season porch and then went out the back door.   The doe tried to go 90 directions at the same time.  She finally took off and actually jumped the 6' side that you can't see over or through.  She made it no problem. The fawn was a bit tentative and made it but I'm sure it had sore back knees for a while.

I'd always heard they wouldn't jump something they couldn't see through.   Wrong.  I would of loved to of had a video of it though.