Health Care info - for real

Caveat: This is *NOT* a joke.

Three programmers from (I don't remember where) spent a weekend, reviewed the source code for the governments healthcare site, and coded their own. It does have a few bumps. But the intent is to show you the various plan costs based on your area. You can *NOT* sign up from their site. It also does have some "bumps" but they are continually updating the site. For instance, I entered Chesapeake, VA zipcode and no plans showed up for some reason. They also haven't gotten the NY data yet as NY has it's own exchange and they haven't been able to get that info from NY yet - they say they're working on it.  They took the price calculations directly from the governments site.
I know most of us here are from NY but thought you may have relatives or know others who may benefit from the information at this site. 

Edit:  You can enter another zipcode of an area similar to yours just to get an idea of costs. I entered a zip around Philly just to get a clue - it worked.

http://www.thehealthsherpa.com/

Edited by SteveC

I'm a developer by profession and the fact the real site can't scale past 1000 users is a joke. The source is not out there for viewing, some minor insignificant parts are. None the less a scalable solution could and should have been done for one tenth what this joke of an administration spent on this project. One that shouldn't even exist today without fixing the existing broken welfare, social security system and medicare.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

I was in large scale CAD development for 38 years for a "local computer company" and I agree with the scalability issues.   I didn't intend for this to be a bashing thread, simply an informational one for those who may find it beneficial. 

Edited by SteveC