Slow in 3A

Dorsilfin

Slow start to the season.  

Well, it would have been a great start if we did not have antler restrictions haha.

Opening day around 7:15am, I had a solid 4 walk by around 75-100 yards.  I couldnt fully see if he had brow tines and as much as I wanted a buck opening day I had to let him keep walking and he dissapeared into the mountain laurel.   Did not see anything the rest of the day, and heard no gunshots locally.   2-3 for the whole day up/down the valley  (28 corridor for locals who are familiar)

Sunday was raining.. Did a slow walk through the woods for a few hours, stopping every 10-15 steps and pausing for a min at a time.   Didnt kick anything up didnt see anything.

Monday morning I tried the DEP property near the ashokan reservoir.  Kicked up 1 doe getting in and saw nothing for the 5 hours I sat.

so all in all.. very slow for me.  Glad I have the 1 buck from bow season in the freezer or id be feeling the pressure.

Heading to 3m tomorrow to hopefully fill some doe tags.

Hows things going for you?