new to long island region

outdoorjay

hey guys im new to hunting in long island and if any one can help me out that would be great!.  next week im taking my bow and hunting long island parks for the first time but iv heard its easier to hunt deer in long island then it is upstate it that true?, and with that said  iv heard people say you can baiscly walk up to deer in l.i.  and for my final question are there better state parks then others  or do all parks have around the same amount of deer in them

hey guys im new to hunting in long island and if any one can help me out that would be great!. next week im taking my bow and hunting long island parks for the first time but iv heard its easier to hunt deer in long island then it is upstate it that true?, and with that said iv heard people say you can baiscly walk up to deer in l.i. and for my final question are there better state parks then others or do all parks have around the same amount of deer in them

Hunting upstate NY for whitetails is one of if not the hardest areas in the country to hunt for big bucks.

The deer you can basically walk up to and touch are 99% of the time in no hunting areas.

As far as state parks holding more deer than other parks it may be true. I would say pick a spot, scout it out and go by trial and error.

Just a heads up, to hunt most of the Suffolk county state land, you will need a Daily Access permit and daily access parking permit. Both are free to apply in person and $1.00 if you mail it. You will also most likely need to check in at the Ridge Hunter check station where you will get an actual pass to place on your car when you park. When you return the pass, you get your drivers license back.

Where were you looking to hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk