Syracuse.com - Wanted: Pictures and reports about Central New York streams for concerned trout anglers

Use your iphone or cell phone can take a picture of trout stream near you and send it to me by lunch-time today. If you can't take a picture, please send me an email by lunchtime today about how these streams are looking.

Syracuse, N.Y. -- I read this morning that flood warnings were issued Sunday for several Central New York creeks and rivers.

It got me worried. That's a big concern for trout anglers looking forward to tomorrow's opener of the trout fishing season.

How bad are the streams? I'm hoping in my car right now to check out four streams: Skaneateles Creek, the Owasco Inlet, Grout Brook and Nine Mile Creek. I plan to put up a video by this early afternoon so readers can see the state of these streams.

How are things elsewhere?

Use your iPhone or cell phone and take a picture of other streams in our area and send them to me.

I'm particularly interested in Chittenango, Limestone and Butternut creeks. If you can't send a picture, just send a brief note to me by lunchtime about what these streams look like right now.

My email address is [email protected] and my phone number is 470-6066.

View the full article on The Syracuse Outdoors Blog