Syracuse.com - Most Central New York trout streams are high and a little muddy, but fishable (video)

What's everyone else seeing out there? How are Limestone, Butternut and Chittenango creeks. Send me an email at [email protected] or give me a quick call at 470-6066. Pictures would be appreciated.

Syracuse, N.Y. -- After hearing about flood warnings this weekend on several Central New York creeks and rivers, I got out this morning and checked the conditions on a few popular trout fishing streams.

Tuesday is the opening of trout season and many anglers are obviously concerned about what they are going to find tomorrow morning on their favorite streams.

I visited Skaneateles Creek, Nine Mile Creek, Grout Brook, Dresserville Brook and the Owasco Lake Inlet.

I found Skaneateles to be a little high, but with water clarity. Nine Mile was high and brown, but fishable. It should clear up a little before tomorrow morning.

Grout Brook looked great. Water was a little up and discolored, but that's what you want this time of year.

Dresserville Brook was roaring, but should come down a little by tomorrow. The Owasco Lake Inlet looked the worst of the bunch It was up and brown.

What's everyone else seeing out there? How are Limestone, Butternut and Chittenango creeks. Send me an email at [email protected] or give me a quick call at 470-6066. Pictures would be appreciated.

I'll update this story at 5 p.m. today. I'll also post a story with tips for fishing streams that are high and discolored. Stay tuned.

Here's what I've heard from readers so far:

Limestone Creek: Water very high and muddy. Swift current. -- Cheryl Matt

Nine Mile: Dave, I know nine mile was high and very muddy yesterday! I'm assuming limestone and butternut are the same if not worse! Grout and the other finger lake tributaries will be a better flow and clarity! Hope this helps! -- Dave Rusczyk

View the full article on The Syracuse Outdoors Blog