XBOX 1 vs PS4, how Bill Gates made my decision for me

I grew up playing video games and occasionally still find time to play a few video games with friends, albeit rarely.  I've been toying with the idea of getting an XBOX 1 or PS4 a few years down the road so I can introduce my sons to another of my hobbies ( and I still love dealing out head-shots in HALO). Growing up I was an xbox fan and was leaning towards an XBOX 1. However, I read an article today that Bill Gates, native of my home state, donated 1 million dollars to the anti-gun community. Well, as much as I love xbox and was a loyal customer, I have to say that I no longer feel I can support Microsoft. I respect the Gates family and all the great things they do with their foundation, but I'm disappointed in his actions.  I used to think people boycotting business for the actions of hands-off owners was a wasted-exercise, but now my attitude seems to be changing.  Do you think boycotting a company because of personal, unrelated decisions of CEOs,presidents and/or owners is justified?  For 400$, I'll probably end up using the money to purchase an AR, when I move back West.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/26/the-nra-pissed-off-the-wrong-nerd-genius.html

• Like 1