stepped in a dog turd

inzana

After a winter of booking hunters and a summer of preparation for our  British Columbia fall moose hunts, I find it tough to get a good night's  sleep on the first night at the beginning of the season. I have so many  details to think about that I usually have a restless night as I go  over all of my preparations and anticipate the hunt. This last year was  no exception.  In the middle of the night I found myself awake and going  over details in my mind. Finally, after hours of tossing and turning in  my bed  I decided to go to the outhouse, thinking that I might get a  tiny bit of sleep after my bladder was empty. Seeing as it was very  early in September and it was still warm outside I decided to run out in  my bare feet just to save some valuable time, but as I walked across  the lawn I stepped in nice fresh dog turd recently deposited in the  middle of the trail on the way to the outhouse. Yes it was still warm as  it squished in between all my toes. What a waker-upper!  I felt  violated and was now completely wide awake with no hope of getting back  to sleep. It was time to clean up, get my hunting boots on and start our  2010 fall hunting season. I guess you could say our season started off  on the wrong foot or with a glitch but all moose hunts were 100%  successful and it was a great hunting season to remember.

To check out my online newsletter with lots of photos from out 2010 season, go to www.inzanaoutfitters.com and sign up by adding your email. While you are there check out our website and videos.

Paul Trepus

Inzana Outfitters

P1000853.jpg