Buck Bed

ridgerunner88

I was out grabbing a trail camera this afternoon and bumped a young buck from his bed. It was a perfect setup for him with regards to cover and topography.

Being my first year “scouting”, it was neat to finally see a bed in person setup just like they talk about on all the youtube videos.

The bed itself was under a patch of pines, which with the current stormy weather helps block the wind. To his back uphill was a blowdown that hid him pretty good. In front of him he was overlooking a drop off and below him to his left was a small stream.

dcf843bd20474e49af52512b045eb395.jpg

8e3328db3fa42e18ea604aeade123e32.jpg

0b3a842d94bf6f5747b63ffcbfd5359d.jpg

1f7d7e941435c88641ca2b22f078025b.jpg

aad466ca1ec84ad5ce84c8998fc8a5b9.jpg

My trail camera had been up since April and I didnt hunt in there this season. I dont think anyone did. There is a nice doe group and a couple 6-8 points that walked by my camera during daylight hours in season. As well a pretty good size black bear.

I am gonna do another scouting trip in a month or two when the snow subsides (burned about a 1000 calories hiking 2.6 miles according to my watch!) And hopefully locate a few more beds and then hunt it in the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6