First successful pheasant hunt

Headed out today for my second ever attempt at pheasant hunting. Went out with my cousin and his chocolate lab. First spot we hit was a did. Headed to next spot and got one bird. Spent the next few hours trying to get another with no luck. Went a grabbed lunch at the car and to figure out where to head next. As we finished eating DEC pulled in to stock the fields. We decided to head back in since we knew there would be plenty of birds now. I missed on one and he got two in the next two or so hours. By that time there were shots coming from every direction and the dog was beat so we packed it in. I have to say though it was great to spend a day out hunting instead of my usual hiking around with my Remington and not seeing anything. I'm new to hunting and today was the first time I bagged anything. Looking forward to more successful hunts this year.

nice congrats! pheasant hunting is alot of fun I recently went on my first pheasant hunt and it was great, I love watching the dogs work and get excited when they find the birds. Def beats sitting in a stand all day to help change things up.