Hello New Yorkers From B.C. Canada

BritishColumbiahunter

Just wanted to say Hello and hopefully welcome myself to your website. 

I am a resident of Brithish Columbia Canada,on  the West Coast, between Washington, Idaho area to north Alaska, were the Canada chunk in between.  haha  for you that are not sure where BC is. 

I and my family are all hunters, our parents were hunters. My wife and I have 2 adult children, they to both hunters .... our whole family is hunters.

I am a Union worker  belonging to Local 1271 IAFF of over 31 years.   Hello Brothers and Sisters !  Love my job. Love my Family and Love the Great Outdoors !  Love hunting and fishing, hiking, boating rafting ......... photography , any thing to do with natures spectacles ...... but My true love of the outdoors is HUNTING. 

If you are interested in hunting for Big Game in British Columbia .......  4 Varieties of Mountain, Sheep ...... Moose, Elk, Mountain Goat, Grizz and Black Bear, Mule and White Tailed Deer, Black Tail Deer ........... and various other game from Wolf to Fowl, Canada Geese, Pheasant, Duck, There is some very unsettling news out of BC. 

Please keep a Look out for IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT BRITISH COLUMBIA ........ and what has happened to us RESIDENT hunters and a New Policy regarding Non residents and Wildlife Allocation from our Government of British Columbia.

Our Resident Hunters have never been so outraged in the 50 plus years of my hunting life.  Many, BC hunters are  Members of the British Columbia Wildlife Federation, over 46,000 members strong and growing rapidly as of this NEW  WILDLIFE ALLOCATION POLICY  (see  ....... BCWF.net .......for information) are completely SLACK JAWED and Blind-sided by some decisions.

We have HUGE CONCERNS AS LIFE LONG RESIDENTS of BC that our Wildlife and our resident opportunities are in trouble due to some 

poor decisions. 

If you are looking to BOOK A GUIDED HUNTING TRIP TO BC ....... please await my thread in the next day or two to hear our plight. 

Thank you for your time.

SRBE

I hunted BC last year near Anahim Lake, beautiful country.

Long post but not much info included. Here's an article explaining the changes.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/british-columbia/new-hunting-regulations-in-b-c-favour-foreigners-says-wildlife-federation-1.2869668

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

I hunted BC last year near Anahim Lake, beautiful country.

Long post but not much info included. Here's an article explaining the changes.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/british-columbia/new-hunting-regulations-in-b-c-favour-foreigners-says-wildlife-federation-1.2869668

Yup out of state hunters bring fists full of cash. Taxpaying residents be damned...

Tough battle they in up there because it's essentially BC Residents who are guides/outfitters vs. BC Residents who aren't in the industry. I wonder how (if at all) this will effect the costs of BC hunts going forward.........

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

• 1 month later...

Well the BC Government made some minor changes to our Provincial Wildlife Allocations.  Totally out of wack compared to the rest of North America, as said, some Like G Bear, Mnt. Sheep is 40 % for Non residents, 35 for Goat, 15 to 25 for Moose and Elk ........ all deer and B Bear are General Open Season.

So Heres a heads up, your dream Hunt or Vacation, may not be or come to be if you come to BC ........ you can expect resident hunters in more hard to get at places in the province then ever before. The Governments deals with the selected few has basically caused a rebellion like never before. Resident hunters and non hunters alike are protesting like never seen before, so ya might want to consider going else where for your dream hunt, it might not be what it's all said to be with the Guide Outfitter you hire. 

BRH

Edited by BritishColumbiahunter

No surprise here ........

the ignorance and arrogance of some is sickening ...... glad most New Yorkers aren't like -ss clown above.

BCh

Lol. If you were a BC guide you would feel completely different. Thanks for the tags!

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld