big doe down

TOMMYTOOSONS

thought i would take a walk out back at 1.00 to see if there were any fresh tracks around my food plot.just as i entered my trail off to my left i spotted three deer bedded down about 40 yards.they ducked there heads like cats to try to hide. i picked the biggest one and let her have it.all three got up and took off.i crossed the creek and got to there beds.no blood no hair no nothing.i was puzzled.i got on one set of tracks and followed them for about 100 yrds.nothing.i went back and followed another set and nothing.now im getting a bad feeling.went back and got on the third set.i followed about 50 yrds. no blood.after about 70 yrds. finally blood.all said and done the big doe went about 125 yrds.with a good hit through one lung.there tough animals and it goes to show that you have to go the extra distance just to be sure.it was a great day and a great ending .thats three for the season for me and my son added two.the freezer will be full.good luck to everyone the last three days.im not done yet.