one of the air guns that i use for small game

i dont do much group shooting, but it will keep all ten in a quarter at that distance, better if i use more precise pellets like jsb or H&N, but i set the gun up for fox originally and that pellet proved more than accurate for the 40 yards or so that i try to limit myself on predators with a .22 caliber, and i was looking for good penetration. as for energy, it work out to a tad over 44fpe...Also, i am about as far from urban as you can get. though i do live on the outskirts of a village. there is plenty of room here.i am in dairy farm country

Edited by hunterintheshadows
  • Like 1

This one is an airforce condor in .25 caliber. it has a modified valve as well as some other work done to it. it will do over 120 ft lbs with slugs. right now i am working with 52 gr soft cast slugs right at 1000fps or so, with room to go on the power adjustment wheel. i am working on getting some swaged slugs sized to different diameters, they are pure lead and i think they will do better. also am in the process of getting a green mountain 27 inch bull barrel in .257 caliber turned for it as well as a heavier hammer made of brass, once the work i'm hoping to do on it is complete, i should be able to reach the 170ft lb range. the second gun is a modified talon ss with a 24inch barrel and shroud. the chuck was from last year, taken at about 75 yds. note the surgical placement, key with an airgun. i keep this one set on low power and it spits a 14.3 gr crosman premier at about 1100fps.

post-6205-0-71425800-1434593929_thumb.jp

post-6205-0-91312300-1434593952_thumb.jp