goodnough56 2010 Best Deer Entry

goodnough56

Well this year started out slow on my uncles and cousins farm in Ellisburg we have a gentlemans agreemant of shooting 6 points or better that we have been doing for some time now.Last year I took my brother in law Rob in this same section that I like to hunt and I ended up laying in the field on manure and shot a buck.This year I lost my brother in law at the early age of 50 he loved to hunt and was a great father and grandfather.So now we turn to this year on 11/24/2010 I was standing in the hardwoods and it was still with no wind.About 8:20 I caught some movement and I see a doe with a buck right behind her.I brought my 270 up with my Nikon scope to make sure he was at least a 6 point which I saw that he was and fired a shot at him,he went about 60 yards and died.Up to this point I still did not know how big he was until I walked up to him and saw 10 points with a palmated rack boy was I pleased.In my mind I believe my brother in law sent that buck to me just like my father in law sent me the 8 point the same year that he died.

post-1902-131455382514_thumb.jpg

post-1902-131455382532_thumb.jpg