Daisy VL-A Firearm, Or Not A Firearm?

I have a Daisy VL, that, quite frankly, is really nice. The thing that baffles me, is if it's considered a firearm, or not. I've heard that no FFL is needed to sell it (if I wanted to), while on the other hand, I've heard you would need an FFL for it. Anybody have any idea on this?

According to Wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daisy_V/L

The V/L guns and ammunition were discontinued in 1969 after the US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives ruled that they constituted a firearm, and Daisy, which was not licensed to manufacture firearms, decided to discontinue manufacture rather than become a firearms manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My numbers as to how many were made of this model may be off, since the ones with the scope rail were not the norm. I would guess that less than 4000 were made with the scope rail, since most of them that I have seen, do not have it. I was also wrong on the manufacturing timeframe. The Daisy VL was only made from 1968, to 1969-only one year.