Hunting licenses

jasons75

I got a couple of questions about hunting licenses.  I see in the guide on the dec's site what permits/ tags you can get.... My question is for bow, regular and late seasons, are the the permits that you get with your license strictly for a specific area or can they be used in any area? If they are specific, can you pick the areas...... Can you but extra tags? Its all rather confusing... The zones and area's....

For deer season the state is bascially cut into 4  parts- northern and southern, westerchester, and Long Island and their seasons are different this covers the whole state deer wise http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/28605.html#deer

the maller areas are for DMP's or more commonly 'doe tags'

the regular lisc, bow muzzy, rifle/shotgun can be used basically everywhere with a few exceptions. SOme areas are bow only and some areas you can't use a rifle just a muzzy or shotgun.  If the maps don't help the easiest thing is figure out where you are hunting and call the local DEC with your specific questions. Hope this helped.  In NY you get gun/muzzy/bow Licenses the Permits are for does(DMP) and a few select areas in the southern zone.  It's not like in NJ where you get a lisc. then a permit, then a....

Hope this helped