LED Euro Mount

vizslas

About a month ago a friend of mine noticed that my house number was made of paper and stuck to my storm door. In my defense I am lazy . no just kidding i just finished painting my whole house just as October was settling in. Well we all know how important the house number was to me for the next three months. Well getting back to the subject, i figured that the quarter inch plasma cut aluminum plate my buddy made with my house number cut into it would just  look fantastic with some addressable led lights. The way I see it on the 4th of july i can have my numbers fade from red to white to blue or chase the same colors right to left or whatever. Well I am going to have some extra led lights leftover, so I am going to do this next. with the leftover lights I could light up my euro mount from this year. I did a test run tonight and took a few pictures. The camera doesn't do it justice. it can be dimmed and I can set the number of lights once its all made with the remote, and yup its an RF remote so i can hide the receiver right inside the brain cavity. I think this should look pretty dam snappy when its all set. I can sit back and change it to green if it suits me, and  then when i get bored with that I can do something else. the remote comes with 300 preset patterns they run on auto made that will be party mode.

skull red.jpg

skull green.jpg

skull blue.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Well I finished screwing around with the skull. Now i have a remote controlled deer skull. I ended up putting an addressable LED strip light in it, with a RF remote control. It has 300 per-programed sequences it can run.  It looks pretty good on the red, but I think it will stay on white. Its going to look great in the window on Halloween.

red skull 2.jpg

red skull.jpg

• Like 2

i bought a 1 meter strip and just cut it to size. I  started at the brain cavity and ran them through to the nose and turned them and ran them right back into the brain so i guess there are about 20 individual  lights on the strip, about 14 inches long. i like the chase patterns. starts at blue then turns to white one led at a time.with I prefer the addressable over the plain RGB LED's