Opened the fences today...

After 2 of last years encounters I thought about it and opened 2 sections of the lower fencing...granted the fencing isn't even completed yet, but they enter either from the section that stops just past Rivers blind and the end at the road...though there they have to go through the pines....Now many jump the fence...In fact one of my last 8's jumped the fence moments before I shot him in my woods..This said a crazy wide racked buck with 2 8-10 in drop tines on a perfect symmetrical rack didn't jump...and I had to watch him go to the fence several times and hunch like he would only to walk to the road..then his rack was just too wide for that tight fit through the pines...another was a beautiful dark racked big boy that fed 35 yrds from me a long while just to walk away..not to mention all the doe...he also started but opted not to jump. I put in place a cattle panel 500ft down the fence as a just in case when I built it and just undid it and moved it down the fence a bit leaving a fair opening...then I cut the fence between 2 concreted poles at the mid 8 ft. fence pole and rolled it back...This will allow them easy access during bow season...they will be closed back up during gun the first week and then weekends. I added a section of fencing to the cut one so I'd have plenty of overlap to tie in  Now if they don't cross...well it's fate... I could have easily shot and dropped the dark racked buck ...but he was on the neighbors side of the fence...Oh well not the first won't be the last...but still fun to watch and hope...