Speaking of buggering up...

growalot

I have this stand and it's in 2 huge trees a beech and a yellow wood... I'm talking ft diameter. To be honest I don't know how I built it...it's 15ft to the deck and is 6 ft between the trees and 2ft wide...I had to carry and attach two 2x8x 12 ft pieces of PT up a ladder by myself. it's been there since we bought the place...I made a semi enclosed blind...well the wind finally got it and the nails and carrage bolts sheared. I had put 2 under braces on both trees and a ratchet strap on one...so she stayed up...

I went down today and added a truckers cargo tie down strap to the other tree and then thoroughly nailed the side rails back in and re nailed under bracing...phew thats a lot of work..but she's now good for the season...just need to put up my orange decoy the night before opener...I don't mind sharing... that made a bit of noise in the woods today...letting people know I'm out and about:wink:It sits right next toa stream and has mature oaks on 3 sides

Looking at this I believe next year I put in a hook bolt and then bolt a length of chain to the side rails after running it under them and latch the chain links over the hooks

20170825_130408_resized.jpg

Edited by growalot